Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Ich kenne eine Geschichte von Waldemar
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

16.09.2019 07:48
walked one and struck out two Antworten

TAMPA, Fla. - Winning could hurt Tampa Bays chances of landing the No. 1 overall selection in the 2015 NFL draft.However, coach Lovie Smith expects his team to practice well and do everything it can to close out a disappointing season with a victory.At 2-13 heading into next Sundays finale against the New Orleans Saints (6-9), the Bucs own the NFCs worst record and will pick no worse than second.The Tennessee Titans (2-13) are the other team in the running for the top pick.Smith noted Monday that his players have one more opportunity to not only avoid going winless at home, but also leave a lasting impression one way or another on the staff making evaluations heading into what promises to be another off-season of change.First-year general manager Jason Licht and Smith overhauled much of the roster after being hired last winter, including using the entire 2014 draft to bolster an offence that continues to sputter.The Bucs drooped to 31st in total offence after managing a season-low 109 net yards in a 20-3 loss to Green Bay.Smith rejects the notion it would ever be advantageous for a team to enter a game hoping to improve or preserve its projected spot in the draft.Ive kind of answered that question a few times. I think were going to end up in good position to get some good players. So to me, that cant even come into the equation, Smith said.(Against the Packers), even though we didnt play as well, guys fought right up until the end, the coach added. They werent thinking about that pick or anything like that. This week were going to do the same thing.Regardless of where the Bucs finish, they undoubtedly will feel pressure to consider selecting a quarterback. Josh McCown, a career backup Smith brought in to be the starter, is the leagues lowest-rated passer.The coach is quick to point out that McCowns play isnt the only reason for Tampa Bays problems. The running game has been inconsistent and a porous offensive line has had difficulty protecting the passer.The Packers had seven sacks Sunday, and McCown was hit on five other occasions.While Smith has been encouraged by the development of the teams top three draft picks — receiver Mike Evans, tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins and running back Charles Sims — he is looking forward to improving the roster with an additional infusion of young talent next season.If you have to be down here, you need to get something from it, Smith said, alluding to the impending draft position.We have a full allotment of draft picks. We have an excellent staff that evaluates guys, the coach added. Thats the positive if you look at it. ... If you have to be down where we are, why not get your choice of a few of the best players available in the draft?Smith doesnt anticipate any difficulty motivating his players this week. In addition to being 0-7 at home, the Bucs are 0-5 against NFC South rivals, including a 37-31 overtime loss at New Orleans in October.We do want to finish it up the right way. I think all our guys realize that, Smith said, adding the players are not worried about where the team winds up in the draft.Were going to make decisions, the coach said, that give us the best chance to win ... and let everything else take care of itself.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Custom Detroit Lions Jerseys . -- Two-time AL Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana agreed Tuesday to a minor league contract with the Baltimore Orioles as he tries to come back from the second major operation on his left shoulder. Jarrad Davis Womens Jersey . With the Pirates in the thick of the race in the NL Central, the timing couldnt be better. Liriano struck out a season-high 11 in seven innings to win consecutive starts for the first time this season and Pittsburgh beat the San Francisco Giants 3-1 on Tuesday night. http://www.lionsfanspro.com/Black-Kenny-...ey.html?cat=929. Browns owner Jimmy Haslam announced the move with Young on Monday during a speech at a Pro Football Hall of Fame luncheon. Kerryon Johnson Youth Jersey .com) - The Vancouver Canucks recovered from a fluke goal early last time out to knock off one of the top teams in the league. Will Harris Youth Jersey . It will mark the 22nd time the tournament has been held in this country and fourth in Atlanta Canada but will make its first appearance ever in played Nova Scotia. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- This one could be a costly victory for the Kansas City Royals and an expensive loss for the Tampa Bay Rays. Jason Vargas took a shutout into the ninth inning, Alcides Escobar hit a three-run double and the Royals beat the Rays 4-2 Monday night in a game that included two significant injuries. Rays starter Matt Moore (0-2) came out in the fifth inning with a sore left elbow. The All-Star lefty grimaced after throwing a pitch to Norichika Aoki and was immediately removed by manager Joe Maddon. Two innings later, Royals second baseman Omar Infante was hit in the left jaw by a pitch from Heath Bell. A bleeding Infante walked off the field under his own power. Moore won 17 games last year, but missed 31 games with an elbow injury. He threw 78 pitches Monday and was replaced by Cesar Ramos. "It has to be checked," Maddon said. "There will be tests tomorrow. We dont know whats going on yet. Well get an update later. He tried to talk me out of taking him out but I said I didnt think its a good idea. I went out there and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I like to communicate with our guys. He just felt something on a pitch. We knew we cant take any chances on anything." Moore said his final pitch was a changeup. "There was no particular pain," he said. "It really came out of nowhere. I felt it when I was pitching to Escobar, on a changeup, and then I threw two more changeups to Aoki and I felt it. I actually threw a curveball to Aoki to see if I would feel it then, too, but I didnt. It may have something to do with changeups in that situation." Moore, who will have an MRI exam Tuesday, went on the disabled list last July 31 with a sore elbow and did not return until Sept. 3. "Its the same pitch and the area is pretty much the exact same spot," Moore said. Infante was spitting blood as trainers held a towel to his face. "They put a number of stitches in there to close the cut," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "They are going to go scan it and see if his jaw is fractured. Well know more later. Im not going to make any decisions (on roster moves) until we find out whats going on with Omar and well move forward from there.dddddddddddd "He was bleeding tremendously from the cut. I didnt know until they had taken him upstairs that he got hit on the jaw. When we got there they had the towel (over his head) and there was blood all down his shirt. There was no cut on his forehead that I could see." Danny Valencia ran for Infante, who signed a $30.25 million, four-year contract with the Royals in December after hitting .318 last season for Detroit. "He was smoked. Were worried about a concussion, too. It shakes you for sure because its a very ugly sound for somebody to be hit in the face," Yost said. "It was a cool night, but I noticed I broke out in a sweat real quick, so it definitely affected me. Of course, you have a lot of worry about it." Vargas (1-0) allowed four hits, walked one and struck out two in eight-plus innings, lowering his ERA to 1.20 in two starts. He lost his shutout bid when Ben Zobrist homered on his second pitch in the ninth. Greg Holland replaced Vargas and earned his third save, but not before giving up an RBI single to pinch-hitter Matt Joyce. Escobar was 1 for 19 before his bases-loaded double off the left field wall on a 2-2 pitch from Bell with two outs in the seventh. Escobars three RBIs matched his career high. Alex Gordon, Salvador Perez and Lorenzo Cain singled to load the bases before Escobars first extra-base hit of the season. Eric Hosmer singled home Aoki, who tripled, in the first inning. The Rays, who have lost seven straight at Kauffman Stadium, have scored three runs in their four losses this year while going 2 for 33 with runners in scoring position during those defeats. Evan Longoria had three of the Rays six hits. NOTES: The Royals placed LHPs Tim Collins (strained left elbow) and Francisley Bueno (sprained left little finger) on the disabled list. They recalled RHP Michael Mariot and LHP Donnie Joseph from Triple-A Omaha. ... The Rays are 3-14 in road openers. They have not won a road opener since 2010 at Baltimore. ... Royals RHP Louis Coleman (bruised right middle finger) threw a bullpen session and could be activated Tuesday, the first day he is eligible to come off the disabled list. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz