Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Freundeskreis von Waldemar
Cl11234566 Offline

27.11.2019 07:04
skate to know for sure Antworten

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Hello Kerry, Quick question about the Emelin/Downie elbowing incident from December 12th. While Im sure it will be reviewed by the NHL for possible discipline, Im wondering about something else that happened on the play. The Flyers had seven players on the ice, 5 of which were trying to get at Emelin. Weve seen Clarkson (10 games) and Bissonnette (3 games) suspended this season for leaving the bench to enter an altercation. Watching this play, it looks like Grossman comes directly from the bench to the scrum and heads right after Emelin. Heres my head count: #9 – Downie – On ice injured.#5 – Coburn – Tending to Downie # 19 – Hartnell – Scrumming# 32 – Streit – Scrumming# 44 – Timonen – Scrumming# 8 – Grossman – Scrumming# 14 – Couturier – Scrumming None of the officials on ice noticed, or reacted to it. No one was ejected and I havent heard anything about it by the pundits this AM. Whats the procedure or protocol for something like this? Should a defensive pair of the Flyers expect to hear from the NHL offices? I think Bissonnette (if not Clarkson) may be interested to know. Thanks Luke Luke, Thank you for the very astute analysis and resulting question in the aftermath of Steve Downie lowering his body posture to play the puck and being struck in the head with an elbow delivered by Alexei Emelin. The whistle was blown once Montreal gained puck possession in front of Carey Price as a result of the perceived injury sustained by Downie. Paul Bissonnette and David Clarkson were suspended under Rule 70, the basis of which is that no player may leave the players bench or penalty bench at any time during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation. For a suspension to result, the player that left the bench (other than through a legal line change) must become actively involved in the altercation. Thursday night in Philadelphia, players were legally allowed to come onto the ice from the players bench once play was stopped and since a potential altercation (scrum) was not yet in progress. Braydon Coburn left the bench and went directly to Downie in advance of Flyers athletic therapist Jim McCrossin arriving on the scene. Coburns defence partner and alternate captain, Kimmo Timonen appeared in the camera shot to question the referee after the minor scrum involving Emelin and Scott Hartnell had been dispersed by the linesmen. At no time did either Coburn or Timonen become involved with a Montreal player. The Flyers defensive pairing of Mark Streit and Nicklas Grossmann were on the ice throughout the play and at the time of stoppage. Grossmans involvement in the scrum was very minimal and if anything, he appeared to act as a peacemaker. It is important to note, Luke, no penalties were assessed (nor should they have been) as a result of this minor scrum and therefore no altercation officially took place! If we hypothetically apply the scenario that an altercation did develop on this play, Coburn and Timonen would still not be subject to Rule 70 (Leaving the Bench) so long as they did not become involved in the altercation and ultimately assessed penalties. What is really important to note in this situation is that linesman Scott Driscoll reported his version of the elbow infraction to both referees during the commercial timeout and the correct call was ultimately made. It was clear from the camera shot that Driscoll witnessed the infraction from his blue line position in real time and, as the closest official to the incident, Driscoll looked back toward the referee to see if he had seen the infraction. Since neither referee reacted to the illegal contact, another missed major infraction would have resulted. I offer kudos to Driscoll for stepping up and making the correct call on this play. This is the "safety check" protocol which I wrote about in a recent column. Thanks to Driscoll, the process worked to perfection in Thursday nights game in Philadelphia. Jose De Leon Rays Jersey . -- The Guelph Storm are moving on to the Western Conference final after defeating the London Knights 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action. Hoby Milner Jersey . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points. https://www.cheapraysonline.com/146i-tyl...ersey-rays.html. Jagr had a goal and two assists, Andy Greene scored 43 seconds into overtime and Marek Zidlicky had two goals as the Devils rallied past the Washington Capitals 5-4 Saturday night. Oliver Drake Rays Jersey .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. Daniel Robertson Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle.TORONTO -- Jonathan Bernier tried to stretch at every opportunity. Tuesday night marked the Toronto Maple Leafs starting goaltenders first game back after missing five straight with a groin injury. Bernier managed to get through it despite facing 48 shots in a 5-3 loss to the St. Louis Blues. "A lot of work. But I felt OK," Bernier said. "It was a little sore obviously, but I was just trying to get it loose a little bit in between whistles and timeouts." Bernier aggravated the groin injury March 13 in the first period in Los Angeles. James Reimer relieved him and beat the Kings, then lost five straight starts. With the Leafs season looking like it was going off the rails after three straight losses, Bernier pushed himself too hard at Fridays practice with the hope of returning for the weekend. A setback at that point delayed his return. By Monday, Bernier felt better but needed Tuesdays morning skate to know for sure. Wheen he experienced no soreness, the decision was made to start against the Blues.dddddddddddd Asked if he wouldve done the same in the 10th game of the season and did not rush back, Bernier responded: "Ah, I mean you always want to be back as soon as possible." Bernier said he would be able to play back-to-back games moving forward. The Leafs visit the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday night before returning home to face the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday night. The process of managing this groin injury, the first of his career, will be an ongoing process. "We got a good staff and obviously a lot of stretching and take care of my body -- lots of rest," Bernier said. Even in a losing effort, the Leafs were glad to get Bernier back because without him they mightve not even been in the game. "He was outstanding in there," winger James van Riemsdyk said. "He made big save after big save for us." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz