Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Ich kenne eine Geschichte von Waldemar
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

02.11.2019 02:01
second half in his most Antworten

BALTIMORE -- Detroits Justin Verlander wasnt overly concerned with his less-than-stellar outing against the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday. Instead, he focused on the final result: another Tigers victory. Rajai Davis homered, and Detroit overcame a rare shaky performance by Verlander to complete a three-game sweep of the Orioles with a 7-5 victory. The Tigers have won 12 of their last 15 games, including eight in a row on the road. Baltimore has lost four straight. Verlander (5-2) allowed a season-high five runs on six hits with four strikeouts and three walks in six innings. He still improved to 7-0 in eight outings at Camden Yards. But it was the first time in 15 games a Detroit starter allowed more than three runs. "Winning as a team is all that matters," Verlander said. "Obviously, today was a great team effort. Our boys put up a bunch of runs." Davis hit his third home run of the season and had two RBIs. Baltimores Nelson Cruz had two hits, including his 11th home run, a three-run shot in the fifth inning that pulled Baltimore to within 6-5. Adam Jones went 3 for 5 with an RBI and extended his hitting streak to nine games. "Were not going to focus on what happened in bad situations," Cruz said. "Were going to focus on whatever we did good on a daily basis, and that can get you going through the season." Staked to a 6-0 lead, Verlander was cruising until the fifth, when he allowed five runs with two outs. He gave up consecutive RBI singles to Jones and Chris Davis before Cruzs three-run homer to left cut the deficit to 6-5. "In the American League, no lead seems to be safe," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Davis gave Detroit some breathing room with his solo shot in the sixth. Joe Nathan pitched a scoreless ninth for his 10th save. He hasnt allowed a run in six straight appearances. Kevin Gausman (0-1) was making his first start for the Orioles since June 13, 2013, and lasted just four innings. He allowed five runs on six hits with two strikeouts, two walks and a wild pitch. "Obviously, I wasnt too thrilled with it," Gausman said. "I thought I did some good things early on, keeping down in the count. As the game progressed, my fastball started going up in the zone." Detroit opened a 2-0 lead in the third on a two-out, two-RBI single by Miguel Cabrera. He is batting .391 with 53 RBIs in 51 career games against Baltimore. The Tigers extended the lead to 5-0 in the fourth with some aggressive base running and timely hitting. After a double steal, Bryan Holiday had an RBI single and Danny Worth followed with a drag bunt up the first base line for another run. Davis then hit a long sacrifice fly to centre Verlander threw behind Cruz in the fourth, prompting home plate umpire John Tumpane to issue a warning to both benches. On Monday, Orioles starter Bud Norris plunked Torii Hunter in the rib cage after allowing a go-ahead, two-run homer to Ian Kinsler in the eighth, which caused both dugouts to empty, though no punches were thrown. Don Kellys RBI single off Miguel Gonzalez in the fifth increased the lead to 6-0 NOTES: Baltimore RHP Chris Tillman has been bothered by a sore groin but expects to make his scheduled start Friday after a bullpen session. ... Manager Buck Showalter will miss Saturdays game in Kansas City to attend his daughters graduation at SMU. Bench coach John Russell will fill in. ... Orioles RHP prospect Parker Bridwell came two outs shy of a no-hitter Tuesday for Single-A Frederick. Bridwell struck out eight batters and did not allow a base runner until a walk in the sixth inning of the Keys 7-0 win over Potomac. ... Tigers RHP Luke Putkonen (right elbow inflammation) pitched two innings Tuesday in a rehab assignment at Triple-A Toledo. He allowed four runs on five hits and will likely make one more rehab outing. ... RHP Anibal Sanchez (right middle finger laceration) is scheduled to come off the disabled list and start Sunday nights game at Boston. ... RHP Rick Porcello was scheduled to pitch a bullpen session Wednesday after experiencing tightness in his side in Mondays 4-1 win over the Orioles. Custom San Francisco Giants Nike Jerseys . - The Minnesota Vikings have ruled Christian Ponder out for Sundays game at Baltimore, because the quarterback has not yet passed all of his post-concussion tests. Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys 2020 . Ortiz hit a pair of two-run homers, including his 400th shot in a Red Sox uniform, and drove in a career high-tying six runs to power Boston past the Houston Astros 10-7 on Saturday night. https://www.custombaseballnikejerseys.co...nike-jerseys.ca. In Sundays Blackhawks-Penguins game, Pittsburgh defenceman Brooks Orpik laid a huge hit on Chicagos Jonathan Toews. Now in my view, Orpik can be clearly seen leaving his feet while delivering a moderately high hit. Custom San Diego Padres Nike Jerseys . - The Detroit Lions have 13 takeaways this season — three less than all of last season — and the defence isnt the only unit pleased with the performance. Custom Pittsburgh Pirates Nike Jerseys .com) - The 2014 Holiday Bowl is the first postseason venture pitting a pair of ranked foes against each other, as No. OAKLAND, Calif. -- With one sterling half, Peyton Manning accomplished all he needed to in the regular-season finale by seizing another prestigious record and home-field advantage in the playoffs. He knows his next time out probably wont be so easy. Manning set the NFL single-season record for yards passing and threw four first-half touchdown passes to clinch the top seed in the AFC playoffs for the Broncos with a 34-14 victory over Oakland on Sunday. "This was a good game today," Manning said. "We needed this win. We needed to improve on some things. The coaches challenged us in a couple of areas and I think we responded to those challenges." The Broncos (13-3) were nearly perfect in building a 31-0 halftime lead before coach John Fox gave Manning and some other regulars the second half off to rest for the first playoff game two weeks from now in Denver. Manning threw touchdown passes to Eric Decker and Knowshon Moreno in the first quarter and added two to Demaryius Thomas in the second quarter. He broke Drew Brees record of 5,476 yards set in 2011 with a 5-yard pass to Thomas with 13 seconds left in the half to make it 31-0. That ended Mannings day having completed 25 of 28 passes for 266 yards. He finished the season with 5,477 yards and 55 touchdown passes. "The first half was about as good in all three phases as weve been all year," coach John Fox said. "It allowed us to get some guys out of the game and rest them and still take care of business on the field." The Raiders (4-12) ended their 11th straight non-winning season with six consecutive losses and big questions about the future of second-year coach Dennis Allen. Oakland has won eight games in Allens two seasons but after showing signs of progress early this season, regressed down the stretch to put his job in jeopardy. Allen said he expects to meet in the next few days with general manager Reggie McKenzie and owner Mark Davis to discuss the future of the organization. "Thats a decision thats made over my head," Allen said. "I fully expect to be back. I fully believe that I deserve the opportunity to come back here and get a chance to go through the reconstruction phase. I want to be part of the rebuilding phase." The Raiders, who allowed the seecond most points in franchise history, were completely exposed by Manning.ddddddddddddHe frequently targeted fill-in cornerback Chimdi Chekwa, who started for the injured Mike Jenkins. The Broncos forced a punt on the opening possession and then easily drove down the field. Manning completed eight of nine passes for 70 yards on the 12-play drive, capping it with a 3-yard pass to Decker. A bad snap by Stefen Wisniewski on the first play of the next drive set up a 7-yard TD pass to Moreno and the rout was on. Oakland held Manning to a field goal early in the second quarter before he beat them deep with a 63-yard pass to Thomas to make it 24-0 and then methodically led a late drive down field that was capped with the short throw to Thomas that broke Brees record and earned Manning some rest in the second half. "I feel like its a record every other week," Thomas said. "Its great to be a part of, to get it. We just have to sit back and talk about it but our main goal is to win the Super Bowl. Its a good accomplishment for our offence. The main thing now is being able to win." Brock Osweiler played the entire second half in his most extensive action of his two-year career. He completed 9 for 13 passes for 85 yards but only led Denver to one field goal The decision to go back to Terrelle Pryor at starting quarterback after six games with Matt McGloin failed to provide the spark Allen had been seeking. Pryor looked rusty in his return to the lineup, missing receivers and having little room to run on read-option plays and scrambles. Pryor completed 21 of 38 passes for 207 yards and two touchdowns after the game was out of reach. Pryor also ran for 49 yards to give him 576 yards rushing for the season, breaking Rich Gannons franchise mark of 529 for quarterbacks set in 2000. "I would say Im inconsistent," Pryor said. "Period. I got to get better." The Raiders couldnt even capitalize on their one good chance as Sebastian Janikowski missed his ninth field goal of the season after blocked punt by Jamize Olawale gave Oakland the ball at the Denver 24. NOTES: Broncos S Duke Ihenacho left the game with a concussion. ... The Raiders had about 45 members of the 1983 team that won the Super Bowl on hand for a halftime ceremony. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz