Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 76 mal aufgerufen
 Freundeskreis von Waldemar
wangz10 Offline

18.09.2019 09:49
season hanging by a thread Antworten

WINNIPEG - With their season hanging by a thread, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers can at least look forward to the return of their regular starting quarterback on Saturday.Drew Willy looked good in practice Tuesday after missing last weeks game due to injuries.More than that, I liked what he said, coach Mike OShea said after practice. He said hell be fine.The Blue Bombers (6-10) will try to end a seven-game losing skid on Saturday against the B.C. Lions (8-7). Winnipeg will be eliminated from playoff contention with another defeat as the Lions are four points ahead in the race for the crossover spot in the CFL West.Even if Winnipeg wins, the Blue Bombers would need a lot of help for a playoff spot to be possible. They would also need to beat the CFL-leading Calgary Stampeders and hope for a combination of B.C. and Toronto losses.The Lions would need to lose their final two and the Argonauts (6-9) would have to lose two of their final three.But first, the Bombers have to win, something they havent managed to do since Aug. 22.We know weve got a good B.C. team coming in here, Willy said after practice Tuesday. Their defence has been playing really well lately. Theyre not giving up touchdowns.And the Bombers havent been scoring them.Weve got to work extremely hard this week in the red zone to be efficient, he said. Weve been struggling in the red zone for sure at this part of the season so weve got to make sure were executing at all phases.Willy added he would be good to go unless I wake up so sore tomorrow that I can hardly grip the ball.His most nagging injury has been to his throwing hand.Its been a season of highs and lows for Willy in his rookie year as a starting CFL quarterback. He was signed away from the Saskatchewan Roughriders, where he was the No. 1 backup.His personal numbers have looked good and he led the team to a great start before their victory drought. Willy has battled with Toronto veteran Ricky Ray for the lead in passing yards for much of the season.The Blue Bombers, who were 3-15 last year, looked to be a much-improved team at the seasons midway point. But a 35-30 loss to Saskatchewan on Aug. 31 started Winnipegs tailspin and the team has been unable to recover.Making things worse was the move to the much stronger West Division with the Ottawa Redblacks arrival in the East this season.Winnipeg won five of its first six, the only loss a rather humbling 26-3 debacle at the hands of the Edmonton Eskimos that was an early warning sign of the trouble ahead.Most of those early wins were against weak East teams and some games were very close. The backbreaker for the Bombers was probably a 42-20 road loss to the lowly Redblacks earlier this month — it was Ottawas second win this season.There were signs of life in the Bombers last game against the Stampeders but Winnipeg still dropped a 33-23 decision.Veteran offensive lineman Glenn January could come off the injured list Saturday. The Blue Bombers have gone with Paris Cotton as the starting running back after the release of Nic Grigsby.Grigsby was the teams leading rusher this season but asked for his release last week after being told he would be a backup. He later signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Gerald Everett Womens Jersey . With nothing tangible at stake, the Raptors turned in their most impressive outing of the fall in their seventh and second to last exhibition tilt against their stiffest competition yet, but they lost a couple starters in the process. Andrew Whitworth Youth Jersey .com) - Ben Lovejoy tallied a goal and an assist as the Anaheim Ducks cruised into the All-Star break with a 6-3 victory against the Calgary Flames. http://www.footballramsshop.us/authentic...lk-rams-jersey/. Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. Deacon Jones Rams Jersey .J. - The New York Jets have signed former Green Bay Packers backup quarterback Graham Harrell, giving them some added depth at the position. Tyler Higbee Rams Jersey . The trade deadline is Monday, Mar. 2 at 3pm et/Noon pt. TRADES COMPLETED SINCE OCT. 1, 2014: Feb. 15, 2015 Toronto Maple Leafs acquire: F Olli Jokinen, F Brendan Leipsic, 1st Round Pick (2015) Nashville Predators acquire: D Cody Franson, F Mike Santorelli Feb.FIVE QUICK HOOPS THOUGHTS 1. TIM HARDAWAY, JR (Knicks): Picked 24th by New Yorks former GM, Glen Grunwald (honestly, what is owner James Dolan thinking firing him?) is a gem. Saw him on Friday night vs. the Raptors. I was very impressed with him. Hes got nice shooting mechanics and plays with great energy and awareness. Played for a terrific college coach at Michigan (John Beilein) who is one of the best in the business at teaching offensive fundamentals and obviously his dad, Tim, Sr. was a wonderful player. He really jumped out at me. Hell be playing for a winning team and will have to earn every minute he gets which is a good thing - it will make him a better pro in the long run. If first impressions matter he made a positive one, thats for sure. 2. GREG ODEN (Heat): Practiced for the first time 5-on-5 on Sunday and got through it okay. Fingers crossed hes able to practice/play consistently. Frustrating start to his NBA career with a rash of injuries. The positive is that the Heat need him in a secondary capacity and hell be brought along slowly and eased in. In addition, hell be held accountable by coach Erik Spoelstra, president Pat Riley and a team with good internal leadership - you had better be in shape, do your work and be professional or else. Its an environment that is conducive to a gradual step in the right direction for him if he can stay healthy. 3. NIKOLA PEKOVIC (Timberwolves): Man this guy is a beast. What a load to move in the lane. Felt bad for the Raptors big men watching them try to battle with him last week. When he gets to his spot on the floor - good luck moving him. Hes developed into a nice player and when you look around the league there will be nights that hell have his way in the lane with smaller/weaker bigs in the paint. He has no back down and is a relentless rebounder and improving offensive feature for coach RRick Adelman.dddddddddddd. 4. DEMAR DEROZAN (Raptors): I have been impressed with him and his approach from the start of Training Camp. Definitely stronger and seems to know what works for him and playing the game at an efficient pace. Ive always respected his mature approach. He loves the game and works at his craft diligently. Hes playing with a greater degree of toughness in the lane and attacking his opponent and working harder to draw fouls and get to the free throw line. Obviously, the Raptors have played only four preseason games so the sample size is very small but he is on the right track. Stay on it and keep improving. People talk a lot about his three-point shooting needing to improve. I totally agree. Lets be real though. Hell never be confused even at his best with Ray Allen. Hes a slasher with great explosiveness and increased strength whose biggest positive is getting to the rim. Play to your strengths - be who you are. 5. ANDREW WIGGINS (University of Kansas): Got my Sports Illustrated in the mailbox and see him on the cover. The hype is ratcheting up even further. What expectations and pressure on this young man. Happy that hes getting the PR and its an exciting time for the growth of Canadian basketball yet I always worry when too much is thrown at a young player. Thrilled for him yet the attention unnerves me. Most times it creates distractions that they cant live up to. Im hopeful that he has the emotional maturity/makeup to handle all of this. I wish he could ease into this a bit more. With the accelerated pace of development of players these days its hard for a player to experience the much needed growing pains that shape your character and improve you as a player. Easy does it is not the mode anymore and it can crush a guy. Based upon what Ive seen he looks like a guy that will get through it all just fine. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz