Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Ich kenne eine Geschichte von Waldemar
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

17.09.2019 05:35
fell rather limply Antworten

NEW YORK -- Re-Enter Sandman? The New York Yankees selected Mariano Rivera III, the son of the former record-breaking closer, in the 29th round of the Major League Baseball draft on Saturday. The 20-year-old Rivera, a starting pitcher as a sophomore at Iona College, went 2-6 with a 5.40 ERA and five complete games and a team-leading 50 strikeouts in 70 innings for the Gaels. The 5-foot-11 right-hander bears a strong resemblance physically to his famous father, who saved a major league-record 652 games and helped lead the Yankees to five World Series titles. But Rivera III allowed 72 hits and opponents batted .269 against him, and he was considered by many to be a fringe prospect because of his inexperience on the mound. Yankees manager Joe Girardi spoke to Mariano Rivera recently and asked him for a scouting report on his son. "Mo wasnt sure if he got drafted what he would do," Girardi said before the Yankees played the Royals in Kansas City on Saturday night. "But I think its neat he got drafted by the Yankees and well see what happens." Rivera III has a fastball that sits in the low-90s and a terrific slider -- although his cutter isnt quite yet as devastating as his dads. He also wore the No. 6 at Iona, rather than his fathers familiar No. 42. "Well, his velocity, I mean, hes gotten bigger and stronger and its increased," Girardi said. "Mo didnt have much to say -- Mos always been a humble guy -- but he loves what hes doing." Rivera transferred to Iona from Quinnipiac and was originally an outfielder before redshirting and moving to the mound last year, when he pitched in 11 games for the Gaels. Jahlani Tavai Womens Jersey .I shared with him how much I appreciated all he had done for us, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said of that Thursday night farewell. Austin Bryant Womens Jersey .C. -- The Bobcats announced theyve signed centre Justin Hamilton to a 10-day contract. http://www.lionsfanspro.com/Black-TJ-Hoc...ey.html?cat=970. Carreno Busta broke his opponent five times in the match, but also lost his serve three times in the second set before prevailing in the tiebreaker. Both players struggled with their first serve, as Carreno Busta landed just 51 per cent of his to 47 per cent for Kukushkin. Kenny Golladay Womens Jersey .Fucale will not only be one of the local boys, he is also a Montreal Canadiens draft pick and will have a huge cheering section when Canada opens the tournament Dec. Kerryon Johnson Womens Jersey . According to Tony Barrett of The Times, the Liverpool captain is set to announce that he will leave the club at the end of the 2014-15 season. BIRMINGHAM, England -- Kimiko Date-Krumm, the 43-year-old Japanese who is the tours oldest player, halted Daniela Hantuchovas title defence on Thursday to reach the quarterfinals of the Aegon Classic, a Wimbledon warmup event. It was 18 years ago that Date-Krumm reached a Wimbledon semifinal. She proved an enduring grass-court threat by shortening the rallies, making her first serve count, and advancing at unexpected moments. The most crucial phase of her startling 6-4, 6-0 success was the 10th game, in which Hantuchova made a push to recoup the early loss of a service game. The seventh-seeded Slovak briefly re-found the ground-stroking rhythm which Date-Krumm took away, and earned one break back point for 5-5. But once that was denied her - Date-Krumm moved sharply forward and put away a smash - Hantuchovas standard fell rather limply. Not even a dispute with the umpire about a line decision got her competitive adrenaline flowing. Date-Krumms triumph followed a two-hour encounter and a lengthy doubles the previous day, and it was suggested thhat she must surely feel tired.dddddddddddd "I do, of course," she said. "When I woke up my back was so tired, but I tried to move, and do some stretching. My body is different from when I reached the Wimbledon semifinal, and so is my game - but I enjoy it more." She next plays not the second-seeded Samantha Stosur, but her Australian compatriot Casey Dellacqua, whose 2-6, 6-2, 6-2 win over the former U.S. Open champion was the third in three meetings between them. Later Thursday, Aleksandra Woznaik of Blainville, Que., fell 1-6, 7-5, 6-4 to fourth seed Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium. The departure of these seeded stalwarts increased a feeling that Sloane Stephens, the second youngest player in the top 20, might take a significant step this week. The 21-year-old Stephens has never reached a WTA Tour final but her 7-6 (4), 2-6, 6-1 win over Alison Riske, a fellow American who has reached two semifinals here, carried her within two wins of achieving that. The third-seeded Stephens next plays Zhang Shuai of China. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz