Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Ich kenne eine Geschichte von Waldemar
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

16.01.2020 07:03
have him on board Antworten

CHICAGO -- When St. Louis Cardinals Mike Matheny visited the mound with two out and two on in the seventh inning on Sunday, he had no idea whether he was going to replace starter Adam Wainwright. "I was good to go either way," Matheny said. "I needed to look in his eyes and not hear what he says but see how he says it. Im kind of watching his mannerisms and then I give him a chance to say what he needs to say." Matheny liked what he heard (and saw) and returned to the dugout. Wainwright then got Nate Schierholtz to ground out to complete a strong outing. The right-hander pitched seven scoreless innings and Matt Holliday hit a solo homer to lead the Cardinals to a 1-0 victory and a series win over the Chicago Cubs. Wainwright (13-5) allowed five hits and walked three during his seven innings to take over the Major League lead in wins. It was a far cry from his previous outing when he allowed six runs (four earned) in 4 2-3 innings against the Tampa Bay Rays last Tuesday. "The results usually follow my delivery," Wainwright said. "When I control my delivery -- I told you I was gonna get things under wraps -- and get my arm in the right spot, success was following that. "They hit some balls hard, but we played some great defence and made some pitches when we needed to." Matheny had no doubts and said he expected a bounce-back effort before the game. "I dont think thats much of a reach when youre talking about one of the best pitchers in the game," the manager said. "Hes been so consistent. When you have those days, I guess thats a reminder of hard it is to do what he does at the level that he does it. "It was a big game for us. We needed it to happen and he did everything he could." Kevin Siegrist worked the eighth and Trevor Rosenthal pitched the ninth for his 32nd save in 36 chances. Cubs rookie Kyle Hendricks (1-1) allowed just one run on seven hits in 6 1-3 innings. "He works quick," Chicago first baseman Anthony Rizzo said of Hendricks. "The groundballs are nice. The double plays are nice. Its all we can ask from him really, especially two days now where, both games at home, not good days to pitch at Wrigley. He did a really nice job." With the wind blowing out to right field, the conditions seemed ideal for a classic Wrigley Field slugfest -- a feeling seemingly confirmed when Holliday, the third batter of the game, lifted a drive to centre field that landed in the batters eye for a solo homer and a 1-0 Cardinals lead. But thats where the score stayed as the starters took control. The only time Hendricks was close to giving up a run after the first inning came after he was lifted in the seventh inning with a runner on first base and one out. Left-hander Wesley Wright loaded the bases with two out, but got Wainwright to line out softly to first base. Even though a base hit would have broken the game open, Matheny never considered pinch hitting with Wainwright having only thrown 83 pitches to that point. "Its all about pitching at that point," he said. "Were having a hard time getting something going offensively and we can roll the dice -- we have a live bullpen -- but weve got one of the best pitchers in the league on the mound. To me, especially with what his pitch count was, I want him going back on the mound." When asked how long the list is of pitchers he let hit there, Matheny said: "Very short. Maybe one on that list." NOTES: As part of the 100th anniversary celebration of Wrigley Field, both teams wore replica uniforms from 1978. The Cardinals uniforms were only slightly different than ones from today (no belts and pullover jerseys being the main change), but the Cubs wore powder blue pinstripes, which were the road uniforms then. ... The Cardinals are off on Monday, while the Cubs begin a four-game home series with the Colorado Rockies, with LHP Tsuyoshi Wada (0-1, 5.00) facing LHP Yohan Flande (0-2, 7.20). Mitch Richmond Jersey . 4 jersey of former defenseman Rob Blake this coming season. The ceremony will take place prior to the Kings January 17 game against Anaheim. Spud Webb Jersey . -- The NFL Players Association wants to determine if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers leaked information about quarterback Josh Freeman being in the NFLs substance abuse program. https://www.cheapkingsbasketball.com/112...-kings.html.com) - Devin Booker scored 19 points and top-ranked Kentucky put on a defensive clinic in an 83-44 obliteration of UCLA in the CBS Sports Classic. Brad Miller Jersey . Toronto FC hosts the three-time Italian league champions in a friendly Aug. 7 at BMO Field, a game that Roma CEO Italo Zanzi said falls within a key part of their pre-season. Kings Jerseys 2021 .Y. -- That hangover from the Big East tournament is gone for Villanova.Queens Park Rangers have confirmed the return of Ian Holloway as manager. The 53-year-old takes charge for a second time after being sacked in 2006, succeeding Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who was sacked himself last weekend.Holloway was interviewed on Monday as one of two priority candidates that also included Gary Rowett, currently manager of Birmingham City. Ian Holloway managed QPR to promotion to the Championship in 2004 Talks with Holloway progressed over the last 48 hours and he is expected to name Marc Bircham, a popular midfielder at the club between 2002 and 2007, as his assistant.The Sky Sports Football League expert said: Does anyone know this club better than me? Probably not. Has it changed much? Maybe. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. But I know what it means to everyone out there. People would die for this club - and I want our players to show that in their performance, and our fans to show them that they care about the players as much as I will do as their manager.My job is to try and help this squad improve and create an environment that the players can succeed in, especially at Loftus Road, where the fans love to see players express themselves.QPR director of football Les Ferdinand said: Ian is QPR through and through and knows both what it takes and what it means to manage this club. Ian Holloway interviews Birmingham boss Gary Rowett for Sky Sports He knows the club inside-out, but more importantly than that, he knows the Championship inside-out.dddddddddddd. Hes managed hundreds of games at this level and has enjoyed great success too. Were absolutely delighted to have him on board.Holloway played for the Rs for six years from 1991 and managed them from 2001 to 2006, winning promotion to the Championship in 2004.As manager, Holloway is also known for his successful spells at Blackpool and Crystal Palace, with whom he won promotion to the Premier League on limited budgets. Also See: Hasselbaink: QPR sack premature Sky sources: Holloway set for QPR Hasselbaink sacked by QPR QPR steal point at Forest ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz