Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Ich kenne eine Geschichte von Waldemar
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

02.12.2019 02:21
before landing in Sochi. Antworten

SILVIS, Ill. -- Brian Harman admitted he felt the pressure. The 27-year-old, in his third full season on the PGA Tour, hadnt been in the final twosome in the final round until Sunday. He held the lead entering the final round of the John Deere Classic, and looked at the scoreboard after hitting a poor shot into the eighth green. "I saw the guys were playing well, so thats when I felt it, but I was able to hit three really good shots on No. 9 to birdie, and that kind of got me going," Harman said. He kept going all the way to his first victory on the Tour, using three straight birdies down the stretch to hold off Zach Johnson by one stroke. Harman had a 5-under 66 in the final round for a 22-under-262 total to earn $846,000 and the last exemption for next weeks British Open. Johnson had the best round of the day at 7-under 64. "It was very hard, probably one of the hardest things Ive ever tried to do in my life," Harman said. "Just trying not to let your mind run wild is the hardest part out there." Two years ago, Harman played with Johnson in a late pairing of the Deere that Johnson won, and learned a great deal about how to handle the heat. "I talked to Zach about it, and he felt I was trying to get out of his way a little too much and that I needed to stake my ground a little bit," Harman said. He did so Sunday beginning on the par-5 second hole, sinking a 4-foot putt after a 223-yard approach. That jumped him to 19 under and set the tone. His bogey on No. 5 became only a momentary speed bump once he birdied No. 9. He led Johnson and Scott Brown by a stroke at the turn and was ahead by as many as three strokes after his final birdie, a 6-footer on No. 16. Jhonattan Vegas had a 65 to finished tied for third with Jerry Kelly (66) at 265. Scott Brown (68) and Tim Clark (67) tied for fifth another shot back. Three-time winner Steve Stricker fell off the pace set by Harman on the front nine, then fell off the leader board with a double-bogey on the par-3 12th. His approach ended up in high brush behind and below the green. "It was hard to play after that," Stricker said. "I was just trying to get it in without getting in Brians way." Stricker finished with a 72 and a tie for 11th at 269. Brown was tied with Johnson and Clark briefly midway through the round, but played the back nine in par 36 and fell back. Clark, the lone contender with a long putter, bogeyed No. 9 to fall out of the joint lead. Harman, whose best previous finishes were ties for third place, also earned his first invitations to the Masters and the Tournament of Champions. He tried to block that out along the way. "When those thoughts enter, its like whats the best way to get those things you want," Harman said. He got his third eagle in 19 holes when he eagled the par-5 second for the second straight day. He sank a 4-foot putt after a brilliant approach from 223 yards. A bogey on No. 5 was offset by a birdie on the ninth, the most difficult hole on the front nine. Harman stood 19-under at the turn, and added a birdie at No. 10 to go to 20 under. Johnson started three strokes behind Harman, but caught him by the 14th hole, when he tapped in from 10 inches for his third birdie in five holes and sixth of the day. Harman came to the drivable par-4 14th minutes later, and after watching Stricker scramble for a par, got up and down from a greenside bunker with a 14-foot birdie putt. He added birdies on the next two holes to pull away from the field. With a two-shot cushion on the 18th tee, a bogey on the final hole didnt hurt him. "Hes always been known as a gritty player that plays pretty simple golf," Johnson said of Harman, a neighbour on St. Simons Island, Georgia. "To me it was just a matter of time." Defending champion Jordan Spieth finished in a tie for seventh after a closing 66 for 268. He was joined by Bo Van Pelt, Ryan Moore and Johnson Wagner. Jordan Niebrugge of Mequon, Wisconsin, the only amateur to make the cut, fired his third straight round in the 60s and finished at 10-under 274. Mike Macfarlane Jersey . Louis and Ryan Kesler have demanded to be traded. Heath Fillmyer Jersey . Bale has had a successful debut season in Spain, and Ancelotti appears ready to reward him with a starting role on Saturday. Ancelotti says "Gareth had some problems at the beginning (of the season) but when he found good physical condition he scored a lot of goals, he had a good impact on the team. https://www.cheaproyals.com/1277a-josh-s...sey-royals.html. - Dolphins safety Louis Delmas has been carted off the field with a right knee injury against the Ravens. Whitey Herzog Jersey . -- Center Max Unger and tight end Zach Miller are both probable for the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday against the New York Giants and Percy Harvins recovery continues to be slow. Joe Burke Jersey . 1 goaltender tonight when they conclude a four-game road trip versus the Winnipeg Jets.Mike Babcock was a man with a plan on Saturday. The Canadian mens Olympic hockey team head coach arranged to take in some mens curling with a bunch of players before shuffling off to the nearby Bolshoy Ice Dome to scout the Russia-United States mens hockey game. Sometime in the evening he planned to assemble goalkeepers Roberto Luongo and Carey Price to inform them who would start in Canadas game against Finland on Sunday. Babcock would not reveal at his noon-hour (local time) press briefing whether it would be Luongo, the incumbent, or Price, who has been more consistent this season and played better in the games leading to the Olympic break. But the Canadian coach did remark that he arrived in Sochi with a plan — and nothing transpired in the wins over Norway and Austria to alter his blueprint. "Ive had lots of time,” he said. “We as a management team, and a coaching staff, we watched the NHL all year and we picked the two goalies that we think have got an opportunity. We brought [Mike Smith] to be in the role [of third goalie] and now well just go from here and watch. “We did the same thing last time. We had a plan. We understand and I said this a number of times you get one change in this tournament and you can still win." Like in Vancouver four years ago. Babcock chose veteran Martin Brodeur to be No. 1, but after he faltered in Canadas third game of the tournament — a 5-3 loss against the United States — Roberto Luongo moved in to win four games in a row to help Canada strike gold. Luongo or Price isnt the only entry on Babcocks checklist. There has been some clamour to find captain Sidney Crosby some new linemates. Chris Kunitz, who plays on the left side with Crosby in Pittsburgh, hasnt exhibited much in his first tour-off-duty with the Canadian Olympic team.dddddddddddd "The first line in the last two games has generated a ton of scoring chances, point-blankers, they havent gone in,” Babcock said. “Do we worry that much about that or do we just know good players score in the end? "Lots of times in the Stanley Cup playoffs your team goes a ways and your best players have no points in the first round. Someone else picks them up, but by the time its all over theyre leading the thing in scoring. Its not about that, its about finding a way to be the best team." Babcock gave his players Saturday off to recharge. The 25 of them already played a combined 1,392 NHL games this season before landing in Sochi. The coaching staff put them through three long practices before the Olympic tournament opener against Austria on Thursday, so they needed a break. “A big part of it was the NHL schedule,” Babcock said. “You can just imagine the amount of meetings with their own NHL teams to prepare for each and every game. I just know from our team it seems like we played every single game. It was exhausting. “Then you travel over here. Then you jam in all the information and then we practiced them hard. We practiced for 56 minutes the day before our first game. That would never happen in the NHL. “Everybody needs to breathe.” Another adjustment has been the late starting times for Canada – 9 p.m. Sochi time. “We tried to turn 9 oclock into 7 oclock over here,” Babcock said. “But its 2:30 in the morning and youre sitting around every night. I saw [Canadian defenceman] Duncan Keith this morning and Dunc said he had to race over to McDonalds to get an egg mcmuffin. So he had to get up early. Priorities, right?” ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz