Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 Hier beginnt die Geschichte von Waldemar
Cl11234566 Offline

30.11.2019 07:27
Santos was placed Antworten

OAKVILLE, Ont. -- There was never any doubt that Logan Schuss was going to be a lacrosse player, but nobody could have imagined when he was first handed a stick that he was going to be this good. Schuss, a leftie forward from Delta, B.C., was the No. 1 pick, by the Minnesota Swarm, in the NLL entry draft Monday night. His father, Ed Schuss, was a lacrosse star and his older brother, Carlton, had a fling with the NLLs Calgary Roughnecks. The sport is in their blood. "My dad was a big-time lacrosse player and his (Ladner Pioneers) jersey is retired in our home arena," says the NLL star-to-be. "The day I was born I had a lacrosse stick in my hands. "I pretty much grew up in our arena, which is only a five-minute walk from our house. I was there every day. My dad was a defenceman but he wanted me and my brother to be offensive players." He had an exceptional summer in both the indoor and field varieties of Canadas national summer sport: he scored 29 goals in 12 WLA games for the New Westminster Salmonbellies, and he scored 27 goals in 10 MLL games with the Ohio Machine. After four years at The Ohio State University, hes the programs all-time leader in points (237) and goals (146). His OSU program requires a fifth year in order to get him the teachers certificate he wants, so hell be living in Columbus again this winter getting classroom experience and commuting to Swarm games. He wouldnt skip two days of classes to attend the NLL draft. He aims to get a high school phys-ed post in British Columbia next year so he can help teens work towards the athletic scholarship opportunities in the United States from which he has benefited. "Its an unbelievable feeling," Schuss, 22, replied from Columbus via conference call when asked about being the No. 1 NLL pick. "Growing up in a lacrosse community and looking up to players and following pro lacrosse for so many years, its a dream come true. Im just happy to get to the next level. I have to thank the coaches who helped me get this far." Minnesota made room for Schuss on its roster by trading away leftie forward Ryan Benesch, who in four years with the Swarm became the franchises all-time leading goal scorer. That trade spoke volumes for how highly the team regards Schuss. "Hes got size and speed and he can finish," says Swarm associate GM and head coach Joe Sullivan. "Hes got tenacity. Hes a great athlete and a great person." Schuss doesnt sound like a young man wholl let himself be burdened by a sense of responsibility to duplicate Beneschs weighty contributions to the Swarm offence. "I really dont see there being too much pressure," says the six-foot, 210-pound attacker. "Like my college coach says, Just go out there and play your game. My mom always told me, Dont feel as if you have to score five or six goals a game. Be a team player. "I do know that I need to step up and be a player who can supply goals for them. Thats why Im working so hard to get ready. I wont try to do too many things outside my game. Ill just continue to play my game. I understand my role." Swarm defenceman Brock Sorensen of Peterborough was an OSU teammate and Swarm forward Kiel Matisz of Hamilton was an Ohio MLL teammate this summer, so Schuss will see some familiar faces when he gets to camp in November. The NLL season, with nine teams playing 18 games each, begins Dec. 28. Jesus Tinoco Jersey . -- Rookie Victor Oladipo came off the bench to score 20 points and Glen Davis had 18, leading the Orlando Magic to a 112-98 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night. Joe Harvey Jersey . Forward Iker Muniain scored the winner in the 70th minute after Bilbaos incessant pressure recovered the ball and sparked a counterattack inside Barcelonas half. Neymar was once again tagged to pick up Messis goal-scoring duties, but when he wasnt frustrated by slippery footing Bilbaos defence got the better of him. https://www.cheaprockiesjerseys.us/434t-...ey-rockies.html. An offseason trade acquisition from Kansas City, Greinkes National League debut was delayed by a non-baseball injury in the spring, and he was 0-1 after dropping an 8-0 decision at Atlanta in his initial appearance with the Brewers on May 4. Scott Oberg Jersey .ca. In addition to the game being aired in its entirety on CTV Two Vancouver Island and TSN.ca, TSN2 will also have coverage of Whitecaps FC immediately following NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: Toyota Owners 400. David Nied Jersey . Braden Calverts Winnipeg rink rallied to defeat Italy 8-7. After giving up three points in the second end, Calvert came back with a single, then stole two more points in the next two ends to tie it up at the fifth-end break.BALTIMORE -- The Toronto Blue Jays have activated right-hander Sergio Santos from the disabled list to fill out an injury-depleted bullpen. Santos was placed on the DL on May 12 with a strained right elbow. He made two rehabilitation appearances for Double-A New Hampshire, allowing four runs in two innings. Santos provides manager John Gibbons an option for Brett Cecil, who left Friday nights game against BBaltimore with groin tightness and will likely be rested for a few days.dddddddddddd Before the injury, Santos was 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA and five saves in 14 appearances. To clear a roster space for Santos, the Blue Jays on Saturday optioned outfielder Darin Mastroianni to Triple-A Buffalo. Mastroianni, who was recalled from Buffalo on Thursday, is 0 for 13 this season with Minnesota and Toronto. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz