Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Ich kenne eine Geschichte von Waldemar
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

04.09.2019 04:30
when all the articles Antworten

ABERDEEN -- After capturing his first major title at last years U. Jan Vertonghen Hotspur Jersey .S. Open, Justin Rose took nearly 13 months to return to the winners circle. Now hes heading to the British Open seeking a third tournament victory in three weeks. Rose turned the final round of the Scottish Open into a procession on Sunday, calmly shooting a 6-under 65 to win by two strokes and seal back-to-back successes either side of the Atlantic. A fortnight ago, the Englishman won the Quicken Loans National at Congressional in a playoff to finally shrug off that hangover from Merion. "Its uncharted territory for me -- Ive never won two in a row before," said Rose, who has banked almost $2 million in prize money from his two victories. The big question now is: can he make it three in a row? Definitely, judging by his impressive body of work over the Royal Aberdeen links since Thursday. Four straight rounds in the 60s. Imperious iron play in varying wind conditions. Brilliant putting, which has long been his weak point. The confidence of being a major champion stood out Sunday -- Rose was nerveless from the moment he rolled in a 12-foot putt on the second hole, the first of six birdies. His closest challengers had no chance, with playing partner Marc Warren -- who started out in the last group with Rose tied at 10-under -- watching on in awe. "Not a lot I could have done about that," said Warren, who shot a 70 for third place. "Once he gets out in front, hes very tough to catch. The whole day he was very clinical. "I dont like being on the end of it but it was a pleasure to watch." Unheralded Swede Kristoffer Broberg finished second on 14 under after a 66, one of a slew of low scores on a windless final day that left Royal Aberdeen defenceless and there for the taking. If players wanted one last tough test before Hoylake, it wasnt going to come here with because of a lack of wind off the North Sea, soft greens after morning rain and some easy pin positions. Broberg earned one of the three qualifying places for the British Open at Hoylake, along with other top-10 finishers Tyrrell Hatton and Scott Jamieson. Scotlands Stephen Gallacher and Chiles Felipe Aguilar broke the course record with 8-under 63s and deposed champion Phil Mickelson saved his best round for last with a 65. Mickelson was tied for 11th while Rory McIlroy tied for 14th after a 67. Both world stars seemed satisfied with the state of their games ahead of the British Open, however. "I feel a lot sharper and I feel like I have direction in my ball-striking and direction in my short game and putting," said Mickelson, who will be defending the claret jug. Likely up to No. 3 in the world from No. 6 with this 15th professional victory worldwide and first in Europe since 2007, Rose is in prime form heading to his home major. And there was no stopping him here. The Englishman rolled in birdies at Nos. 2 and 3 -- the latter from 25 feet -- to power into a two-shot lead over Warren, who was looking to avenge a final-round meltdown at the Scottish Open two years ago when he blew a three-shot lead with four to play. Rose added three more birdies in the front nine and another at No. 12, before parring his way home. He had the luxury of being able to soak up the applause as he ambled down the 18th hole, having planted his drive straight down the fairway and his approach onto the centre of the green. His iron play has been commanding this week, reviving memories of the form he produced at Merion. "I was pretty calm out there as I got off to a good start," Rose said. "I never felt in a lot of trouble. Rose is making a habit of winning on tough courses, with Royal Aberdeen joining a list that includes Merion, Doral, Valderrama and most recently Congressional. "It feels unbelievable to be back in the winners circle so quickly," he said. Kyle Walker-Peters Jersey . "Its way better than running gassers, thats for sure," the inside linebacker said Monday, when the Chargers started their third and final week of organized team activities, which are practices in shorts, jerseys and helmets. Moussa Sissoko Jersey . Head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed on Sunday that his starting goalie has a head injury and the team will take it day by day. http://www.footballhotspurstore.com/ . The Flames announced Monday that Treliving, a former assistant general manager with the Coyotes, will take over the vacant GM spot in Calgary. "Im ready for this,"Treliving said.PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- Gary Bettman has always been careful not to get fans hopes up in cities that want an NHL franchise. That continued Tuesday when the commissioner reiterated the league has no official expansion plans in the offing. It wont happen for the 2014-15 season and maybe not even in 2015-16, but that hasnt stopped the calls from pouring in. "Were getting lots of expressions of interest, and no decisions have been made to do anything other than listen," Bettman said after the leagues board of governors meeting wrapped up. We havent embarked on a formal expansion process, but when people want to talk to us, we listen." If the NHL listens and decides to move forward with expanding at some point in the near future, Quebec City, Seattle and Toronto figure to be the front-runners. But Bettman insisted theres no ranking of potential cities and that no decision has been made to expand. Thats despite uneven conferences right now -- 16 teams in the East and 14 in the West -- that deputy commissioner Bill Daly conceded was a bit of misalignment. Getting up to 32 would make for four divisions of eight teams each and solve the disparity in playoff odds. It seems like a natural move, especially considering the expansion fees the NHL could get. But Bettman said a few things must be looked at before considering a place. "When theres an expression of interest, you look at three factors predominately, show-stoppers so to speak," he said. "You want to understand the market and can it support NHL hockey? Would it be a good addition to the league? Two, youve got to have an arena andd three, and perhaps most important, it comes down to ownership. Danny Rose Hotspur Jersey. " Ownership is one of the keys to the NHLs success in the big picture. Bettman was quick to point to negative attention around the Phoenix Coyotes and how theyve been sold along with the Florida Panthers and New Jersey Devils within the past six months. "My my, how far weve come since the summer, when all the articles and speculation were about all these franchises that were supposedly in trouble, which we never believed were," Bettman said. "The franchises have never been stronger. So we went from relocation in your view and distress to now we should be expanding. Everybody needs to slow down. We dont operate like that. Everything in due course. If, in fact, theres a due course to pursue." The city of Markham, Ontario, recently struck down plans to build an NHL-ready arena as the league made it clear it should not happen with the hopes of getting a team. An arena is being built in Quebec City, and one could be on the way in Seattle to lure an NBA team, as well. "I clearly have acknowledged that the Pacific Northwest has a strong interest in hockey," Daly said of the Seattle expansion possibility. As of now everything is just a possibility. But just drawing interest isnt a bad thing. "The fact is there are lots of expressions of interest from lots of different places and thats great, its gratifying," Bettman said. "It shows the business and the game are healthy because there is so much interest and people want to be a part of the game and invest in the game." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz