Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 91 mal aufgerufen
 Hier beginnt die Geschichte von Waldemar
Cl11234566 Offline

12.11.2019 08:55
sideline him for more than a couple Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Even with the teams "X-factor" suspended, the Washington Wizards had a No. 42 sitting next to the bench. The 57-year-old with greying hair couldnt box out or grab a rebound, but owner Ted Leonsis waved his red towel and egged on a cheering crowd that chanted "Free Nene!" The Wizards did just fine without the suspended Brazilian forward. They scored the first 14 points and beat the Chicago Bulls 98-89 on Sunday to take a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference series. "I thought it was pretty hilarious that Ted had Nenes jersey on," Wizards guard Bradley Beal said. "It kind of threw me off for a minute, but then I looked and seen it was Ted." Nene or not, the Wizards did what theyve done all series: Take a quick lead and force the Bulls to use up energy trying to catch up. It was 15-8 in Game 3, 29-12 in Game 2, 19-13 in Game 1. Washington, seeking to win a playoff series for only the third time since the 1970s, can finish off the Bulls on the road in Game 5 on Tuesday night. "We keep seeing this same kind of start for the last couple of games, and its frustrating," said Taj Gibson, who came off the bench to lead the Bulls with a career-high 32 points. "It seems like at times we get overhyped with just thinking were going to be OK, were just that good. But in this league its not about how talented you are, its about how hard you work and how much effort you put when you start the game off, and I dont think we did that." Nene was suspended for the game after grabbing Jimmy Butlers head in the fourth quarter of the Wizards Game 3 loss. Wall called Nene the "X-factor" this week, and for good reason: Since the March 2012 trade that brought Nene to D.C., Washington is 65-63 when he plays and 21-41 when he doesnt. That said, the club did hold its own by winning 12 of 21 when Nene went down with a knee injury late in the regular season, an absence coach Randy Wittman said might have been a "blessing in disguise" that helped prepare them for Sunday. "I saw our guys bond together," Wittman said. "Like, Thats OK, all right. Big fellows not going to be here, but thats OK. And we were in tune right from the start." Trevor Ariza, getting some of the early looks that might have gone to Nene, scored a career playoff-high 30 points, making 6 of 10 3-pointers. Beal had 18 points, and John Wall added 15 points and 10 assists for the Wizards, who forced 16 turnovers and committed only six. "I think were a smart enough group to understand that when one of your pieces goes down, you have to find ways and will to win," Ariza said. "Tonight was my night to take on the scoring load." Gibson went 13 for 16 from the field for Chicago, but his teammates combined to go 22 for 62. He made more field goals in the first half (8) than the rest of the Bulls combined (7). Mike Dunleavy, who scored 35 points in Game 3, scored only six. Dunleavy jammed his left thumb attempting to take a charge in the fourth quarter. The thumb was swollen and was X-rayed after the game, but he said he didnt think it was broken. "It probably doesnt really matter," he said. "Its my left hand and its not going to make a difference for me." Chicagos Kirk Hinrich committed four turnovers, and NBA Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah had a quiet 10 points and 15 rebounds against the Nene-less frontcourt. Washington stormed to a 14-0 lead, with Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau calling a timeout after each Wizards "touchdown." "Very disappointing to get in a hole like that," Thibodeau said. "I put that on me, and Ive got to get it right. ... Its got to change or our season will be over." Trevor Booker started in Nenes spot and had nine rebounds and three blocks. Beal called Booker "a huge X-factor" -- apparently the Wizards are cornering the market on that particular commodity. "Just because they didnt have Nene," Gibson said, "they just came out and played even harder." Notes: Arizas six 3-pointers tied a Wizards playoff record. ... Wittman, who played during the Detroit Pistons "Bad Boys" era, was asked to compare todays game to those rough-and-tumble days. "Not even close," Wittman said. "Its like sixth-grade flag football compared to NFL tackle football." Marcell Ozuna Cardinals Jersey . -- Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale searched more than three quarters for five guys who would play well together. Bobby Tolan Cardinals Jersey . The Indians scored twice in the top of the ninth, getting the go-ahead run on a wild pitch by closer Matt Lindstrom. Axford (0-1) came in seeking his fifth save in as many chances. https://www.cheapcardinalsonline.com/564...-cardinals.html. - The Baltimore Ravens and tight end Dennis Pitta reached agreement on a five-year contract Friday. Red Schoendienst Cardinals Jersey . Indeed, must be among the greatest challenges in all of sports. The pressure he applies, from set to set, game to game, point to point, shot to shot. St. Louis Cardinals Shirts .C. -- Martin Kaymer set a U.CLEVELAND -- Its easy to see why the Cleveland Indians get a positive vibe whenever Corey Kluber takes the mound. "Klubes has pitched to the point where, heck yeah, you better play with confidence," manager Terry Francona said. "Hes one of the best pitchers in the league." Kluber (12-6) continued his dominant stretch by allowing one run over 7 1-3 innings in Monday nights 7-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds. Kluber, who hasnt lost since June 30, held the Reds to six hits, struck out seven and walked two in winning his fifth straight decision. "I started out not so great with my command, but I was able to reel it in and had better command in the middle of the game," he said. The only bad news came in the eighth when Klubers 17-inning scoreless streak ended on Brayan Penas RBI double off reliever Nick Hagadone. That also ended the right-handers stretch of not allowing an earned run at 25 innings. Jay Bruce started the eighth with a single. After Todd Frazier struck out, Devin Mesoracos single ended Klubers night after 110 pitches. Francona pulled Kluber, who received a standing ovation from the 18,696 fans. The crowd groaned when Penas hit pushed a run across the plate. "Every starter wants to go deep into the game, but in that situation when it was still close, and my pitch count was up," Kluber said. "I understand." Lonnie Chisenhall hit a three-run homer in the fourth off Alfredo Simon (12-7). Yan Gomes hit a two-run homer in the eighth as Cleveland won its fourth straight. The series between the intrastate rivals features teams trying to remain in playoff contention. The win lifted the Indians (57-55) two games over .500 for the first time since July 22. The Reds are 5-12 since the All-Star break and fell to .500 (56-56). Kluber stopped Seattle on a three-hitter Wednesday and took a perfect game into the seventh inning against Kansas City on July 24 in his previous start, with the Royalls scoring an unearned run in the eighth.dddddddddddd Klubers only loss in his brilliant stretch came in a 1-0 defeat to the Los Angeles Dodgers. "You go through periods where you have things working and even when youre not at your best, youre still good," Francona said. "Thats kind of where Klubes is getting." Michael Brantley added an RBI groundout in the first inning and a run-scoring single in the fifth. John Axford pitched the final 1 2-3 innings for his 10th save. REDS IMPRESSED Cincinnati manager Bryan Price praised Klubers performance. "As advertised," Price said. "I know hes a tremendous pitcher, we all knew that coming in. He did the things that we knew about. Hes very good." TESTING Centre fielder Michael Bourn will begin a minor league rehab assignment at Double-A Akron on Tuesday. He hasnt played since July 5 because of a recurring left hamstring injury. TRAINERS ROOM Reds: Second baseman Brandon Phillips is travelling with the team as he continues to rehab from a torn ligament in his left thumb. Price said Phillips, who hasnt played since July 9, still cant swing a bat. Indians: Designated hitter Nick Swisher is optimistic his strained right wrist wont sideline him for more than a couple of days. "Ive been through stuff like this before," he said. "Its just a little tight." He injured the wrist in his last at-bat Sunday against Texas Yu Darvish. ON DECK Reds: All-Star right-hander Johnny Cueto (12-6) will start Tuesday. He leads the NL in innings pitched (162 2-3) and opponents batting average (.183) and is second in ERA (2.05) and strikeouts (186). Cueto is 3-0 in five career starts against Cleveland. Indians: Right-hander Josh Tomlin (5-7) will be called up from Triple-A Columbus to start Tuesday. He was sent to the minors on July 26. Tomlin hasnt won since pitching a one-hitter on June 28. Hes 1-1 in three career appearances against Cincinnati. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz