Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 82 mal aufgerufen
 Ich kenne eine Geschichte von Waldemar
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

12.11.2019 02:17
Alexis undid Atleticos Antworten

Daniel Bruno: Do you guys feel any affinity towards the young canadian players coming in the NBA now like Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson. People talk about Vince being the guy to influence these young players, but you guys were also a part of growing the game in the country at that time.Alvin Williams: Well i got a chance to work with the Canadian team a couple of years ago with Jay Triano. He brought me back and I met a lot of the young players. They showed a lot of respect, they showed a lot of appreciation just through their communication with me, so yeah I feel a connection with them and it just feels good to be a part of there upbringing. To what degree Im not sure, but its always good to have a piece of that.Antonio Davis: I think when were playing this game we never really know the effects and what is actually going on outside the basketball floor. All we know is that weve got each others backs and were trying to come out here and win. But when you come to Toronto, theres a different set of circumstances, were trying to over throw hockey as well (laughs). Were trying to get people to love this game the way we love it and if anything came out of that we were definitely appreciative of it, but i think these guys would have caught onto the game eventually. I just think that we brought a little more sexy, is maybe the word for it, so that the fans would want to go out and experience what we were experiencing.DB: So, the Raptors are celebrating their 20th Anniversary season, which you guys are a part of. Over those years, the Raptors have gone through three distinct "looks", the original purple dinosaur look, the purple front/black back look of the early 2000s and the red/white look. Which one of these was, or is, your personal favourite.AD: Ahh, I dont even know about that (thinking).AW: I think I like the purple/black one with the black in the back, I think I like that. I do like the red though because it gave you a little different feel to it, but I like the purple the best.AD: Actually, when I was coming here my kids liked the whole Barney thing, so I like those first early jerseys because I was the man in the crib when Id come home (laughs). Id have a t-shirt on or something like that and theyd be going crazy.DB: So Alvin, you have a pretty good relationship with Kyle Lowry and a lot of people see similarities between your demeanor on the court. Antonio, What are some similarities you see when watching Kyle after playing with Alvin all of those years.AD: I always say for me, I obviously always watched him play from behind. And to me, he set the tone with what we were doing. You know, hed be out there locking somebody up, whether it was full court, as soon as we cross half court or wed see him down in the stands. You just saw this aggression you know what I mean, so anytime youre looking at that it just kind of carries over and every body kinda takes on the same tone. And I see that now, Kyle Lowry is out there showing passion, you know he wants to win, hes doing everything that it takes and all of those other guys are just falling in line. And its an incredible thing to watch.(Getty Images)DB: Do you guys know who has your lockers now on this team?AD: I dont even know because I havent been in there, so im not even sure.AW: They changed the locker room now, so...AD: Oh, they did?AW: Its not even the same, its like a oval thing now, its not like a block like when we played. Its fancy in there now.AD: Ya, they fancy now (laughs).DB: (Laughs) Well, Drake is the global ambassador of the Raptors, as you know, and hopefully this will help recruit some players to the city. Back when you guys played, who was a rapper or pop culture star that would have helped sway you towards a team if they were the “global ambassador?”AD: (Points at Alvin) Thats the hip-hop dude right there, theres probably a bunch of them that woulda swayed you!AW: Nahh...AD: Cmon, give me one good one, what you got?AW: I was a Biggie Smalls guy and a big Jay-Z guy, so someone like that. Someone that you know, well, its cool to see Drake and his passion, its cool to see him there, he can relate to the young guys and the young guys can relate to him. Its a good combination.DB: So, in honour of Movember, people are growing out there best staches. Out of you two, who would look better in a stache? And if youre having some trouble picturing it, I used some technology to help make it happen.AD & AW: (Hysterically laugh for awhile)AD: (Composes himself) Im trying to see who Al looks like! He looks like somebody I know, but I dont know who (starts laughing again).AW: Um, I dont really like that (laughs)... Tone looks really happy though. Like really happy! Head to the side..DB: Moustache is curling up nice...AD: (Still laughing) That stache, yo. Wow! Im so glad we didnt do that. This whole stache/beard thing that they got going on nowadays, Im so happy Im not a part of that.DB: So, lets go back to that 2000-2001 season. Whos someone on that team that doesnt get the recognition that maybe you guys and Vince get for the success of that team. Who was the unsung hero that deserves some credit.AD: Hmmm.AW: You got a lot of players, I think Dell Curry was a guy...AD: (nodding his head) Ya, I was gonna say Dell.AW: He was a guy that would just come off the bench and open everything up for you. And I dont know if you know, but as a point guard it just made it easy. You just give him the ball and you know what hes gonna do. And I know, I can speak for Tone, when Tones setting screens and youd have to leave someone like Tone as a defender because you have to chase Dell. So, Tone would get a lot of slips, tip-in baskets and such, so Dell Curry I think was the guy. Hed bring us back, hed keep us in games and stretch games out because of his ability to score the basketball.(Getty Images)DB: Thats interesting, do you guys remember Steph Curry as a kid being around a lot, shooting the ball and whats it like watching him play now?AD & AW: (Share a look and shake their heads, almost in disbelief)AD: Wow, yeah its crazy...AW: Its unbelievable to see, and now back at home I use him for an example. You know, its not an accident that hes as good as he is because he stayed in the gym. Even when we played games, hed go into the practice facility at shoot. Wed get there for practice and hes already there just putting up shots. He and his brother, Seth. They were just always around basketball.DB: Do you guys have a favourite Charles Oakley story?AD: One we could tell? (Laughs).AW: I dont have one (winks).AD: I would love to tell one, I just dont know if we should.DB: (Laugh) Thats fair. Who do you guys think is going to be the first Raptor to get their jersey hung in the rafters at the Air Canada Centre? Is he playing now, has he not come yet, is it Vince?AD: I remember we were talking about this earlier, I dont see how it wont be Vince. I think with all of the excitement and buzz that he brought to Toronto, you cant help but think that he kind of lit that match to the fire. And its continuously burning now, through all these young Canadian guys in the mix and its just taken it to another level. And fans here now are more open to having a team like the Raptors carrying the flag for the country. #51972788 / gettyimages.com DB: Can you guys go BarDown?AD: I cant even get on the ice.AW: I can.AD: Nooo, you cant! Get outta here!AW: (Stares at Antonio with a smirk and raised eyebrows... Both burst out laughing).....(After the interview)AD: (As were saying our goodbyes) Hold on before you go, I need that picture of us with the moustaches (laughs).(Sees it again, starts laughing and puts the picture onto his phone)AW: (Smiling and shaking his head at Antonio)AD: This is good to see every once in awhile, man! (laughing) And im gonna figure out who you look like, Al! Brian Hunter Astros Jersey . Carey Price made 27 saves for Montreal (30-21-6) for his fourth shutout of the year and second in four games. David Desharnais added an empty netter for the Canadiens. Reto Berra stopped 25 shots for Calgary (21-28-7). Martin Maldonado Jersey . -- Billy Andrade hasnt played much competitive golf over the past four years. https://www.cheapastros.com/2043o-jack-m...astros.html.The other side of the Bruins special teams unit delivered in the end.Gregory Campbell netted the game-winner with less than 10 minutes remaining and the Bruins fended off a late four-minute San Jose power play to earn a wild 5-3 win over the Sharks. Jim Bouton Jersey . -- Kole Calhoun homered and drove in three runs, Albert Pujols also went deep and the Los Angeles Angels beat the Chicago White Sox 8-4 Friday night. Roberto Osuna Astros Jersey . Winnipeg trailed by five points in the final minute when quarterback Drew Willy completed a 13-play, 75-yard drive with Feoli-Gudinos 18-yard touchdown catch on third down to lift the Bombers to a 34-33 victory over the Montreal Alouettes on Friday night.BARCELONA, Spain -- Atletico Madrid dramatically secured its first Spanish league title in 18 years by rallying for a 1-1 draw at Barcelona on Saturday. Atletico lost Diego Costa and Arda Turan to injury inside 22 minutes, and Barcelona seized control at the Camp Nou in the 34th minute when Alexis Sanchez drove an unstoppable shot into the near corner. Despite the setback, Atletico emerged from the break determined to get back in the match. David Villa hit the post, then Diego Godin fiercely headed home Kokes corner in the 49th. Atletico needed to avoid defeat to secure the title, and it weathered Barcelonas pressure in a frantic finish to cap an improbable domestic success. Atleticos 10th title meant a club besides Barcelona or Real Madrid was Spanish champion for the first time since Valencia in 2004. "Today we could make history," Atletico coach Diego Simeone said. "Not at any moment did I feel that the game was getting away from my team. I know them. I knew they could respond, and the bigger the challenge, the better." Even the 90,000-strong Camp Nou crowd appreciated the feat as it rained cheers of "Atleti" on the players as they celebrated a title triumph that looked uncertain after it lost two of its best attacking players. Atletico finished the 38-game season with 90 points. Barcelona finished second on 87, the same tally as Real Madrid after it closed the season with a 3-1 win over Espanyol. "We fought all season long, hanging on against difficult teams, and against Real Madrid and Barcelona," Godin said. "We felt the pressure, a lot of things were going against us. But the coach told us just to be confident, and believe in ourselves, and the goal would come." It was only the third time the championship was decided by two challengers on the final day, and the first time since 1951. Atletico did it the first time in 1946. Atletico contained Lionel Messi for the sixth time this season as the Argentina forward had a seccond-half goal ruled offside to keep him off the scoresheet.dddddddddddd Not since Espanyol in 1939-40 has a club gone unbeaten in six games in a season against Barcelona. Five of those matches were draws and Atleticos lone victory knocked the Catalan side out of the Champions League. As expected, coach Gerardo Martino said he was stepping down after Barcelona finished the season without a major trophy for the first time since 2008. "We tried it until the end with dignity and we met an opponent that was better than we were," Martino said. "I want to congratulate the great rival Atletico has been during the entire season." Real Madrid will be Atleticos next challenge as the city rivals face off in the Champions League final next Saturday. Both Diego Costa and Turan wept on leaving the pitch after Diego Costa came up lame following a sprint in the 14th, and Turan went out after knocking his right hip. Alexis undid Atleticos defence with a powerful strike from a tight angle after Messi chested down Cesc Fabregas pass and smartly stepped aside for Alexis to smash the ball inside the post. Instead of collapsing, Atletico showed characteristic toughness by finishing the half well with a flurry of corner kicks that Barcelona barely defended. Simeone, who was playing for Atletico the last time the club won the title in 1996, said he told his team at halftime that they were still in it despite trailing and missing two of their most important players in attack. After his pleas for the referee to blow the final whistle were at last answered, several Atletico players collapsed to the ground while Simeone, his staff, and reserves rushed out to join them. Simeone was tossed in the air by his players before the Argentine went into the stands to embrace his father. Earlier, Gareth Bale helped Madrid beat Espanyol after Cristiano Ronaldo apparently aggravated a leg muscle problem during pre-game warmups and didnt play. Valencia also beat Celta Vigo 2-1. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz