Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 83 mal aufgerufen
 Dit und dat
Cl11234566 Offline

11.11.2019 07:34
Johns struck early in the third period to extend Antworten

Sky Sports Scottish football presenter David Tanner sends a postcard from the Euros and reveals the players with SPFL connections that Scottish fans can get behind as the tournament progresses. So bored was the nation with referenda, that Scotland couldnt wait until June 23 and has pushed ahead with its own footballing version of Brexit.I suppose its good for the health of the nation: the thousands of fans who would have squeezed through the Channel Tunnel to support the Scots wont now have to survive on French fries for a fortnight. Or longer, if wed made it through the group stage. (I took that too far!) Instead, most will stay at home and eat healthier Scottish chips. We can still watch, of course. We can still hope for other nations. And share in their pain. Or we could even choose to enjoy that. Schadenfreude, Steffen Freund or whatever-its called.There is more than just emotional lost baggage for Scotland fans. Even though our hopes went missing before reaching the carousel of the qualifiers, we can still get passionately involved with the Euros by following a host of players and managers with Scots links. Altogether now... Were on the march wae Willies army... You could even cheer on the team of SFA officials working at the tournament! Singing Were on the march with Willie Collums army has a certain ring to it.I must admit Id had enough of feeling left out and so have jumped on a flight to the sun (but mainly clouds) to immerse myself in what is good about a tournament, all that the Scots have missed out on since the French last hosted a major finals, the 1998 World Cup.Im writing to you from Frances second city, Lyon. Im struck by how many Scots are here, travelling to this town to support the nation which has a squad with plenty of SPFL connections - Northern Ireland. Michael ONeill and Steven Davis both shone on the Scottish stage in recent years Manager Michael ONeill lives in Edinburgh and is a regular and erudite guest alongside Neil McCann and me in the Sky Sports studio. Michael has been a miracle worker since starting his coaching career under Mixu Paatelainen at Cowdenbeath before going it along at the mighty Brechin City. When Mick got Northern Irelands campaign up and running in Nices Allianz Riviera - which cost 245m euros - I wonder if he thought back to that first solo gig at Glebe Park, a ground notable for having a hedge running along the length of the pitch! And to think Hibs overlooked him in favour of Pat Fenlon.Its absurd to think that despite being ranked fifth in their qualification group, Northern Ireland finished top. Its as far-fetched as a team like, say, Leicester City winning the Barclays Premier League! Accies Michael McGovern between the sticks for Northern Ireland On the subject of the new Premier League Champions, owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha owes ONeill big time. Northern Irelands win in Greece as recently as October 2014 sent the Greeks into tail spin and just four weeks later, losing to the Faroes led to the Hellenic Football Federation sacking their manager… Claudio Ranieri. Just eight months later he rolled into the King Power to begin the ultimate career re-boot. As well as the manager and assistant Jimmy Nicholl, Northern Ireland have Scottish connections all over the pitch. Goalie Michael McGovern will decide after the tournament if hell stay at Hamilton Accies or move on. The former-Celtic reserve has been linked with the other half of the Old Firm and Aberdeen. France 98: Scotlands last appearance at a major finals The Euros present him with the type of opportunity to showcase his skills that he wouldnt have considered before making the number one shirt his own by playing well in a friendly at Hampden last year. I was in the presenters chair that night and I knew Michael had made an impact when my guest Gerry Armstrong took a call from Pat Jennings.The legendary World Cup keeper told Gerry he was giving the Accies man a massive thumbs-up which, I can tell you, meant the world to McGovern when I told him about the comments the following day. Understudy Alan Mannus of St Johnstone will surely relish the big-time experience of being in France. Kyle Lafferty during his playing days at Rangers Kyle Lafferty may have been starved of service in the defeat to Poland but it will be a different story in Lyon as Northern Ireland have to win and so cant be so defensive against Ukraine. He had a habit of producing goals at the business end of the season during his spell with Rangers and he could yet produce some more of the type of goals which made the miracle of qualification happen for the Irish.Kilmarnocks Josh Magennis will be required to play a part at some stage. Aberdeens Niall McGinn could be promoted to the starting XI in Lyon; he had the most assists of any player in this seasons Ladbrokes Premiership. Watching Steven Davis cruise through games for Southampton and Northern Ireland reminds me of the talent drain the Scottish domestic game suffered in the wake of the great Rangers explosion in 2012. Republic of Ireland duo Roy Keane and Martin ONeill both once of Celtic I must confess that having seen Scotland beat the Republic of Ireland on the head-to-head during the qualifiers, I couldnt help thinking it should have been us when I watched Martin ONeills boys play Sweden. And outplay them. I fancy Martin, Roy Keane and Steve Walford to surprise a few on the continent and power their way through the group.Its great to see West Hams Darren Randolph performing so well for the Irish. He won his first cap when playing for Motherwell and he told me recently that he still keeps close tabs on events at Fir Park. Motherwell fans will be keeping close tabs on him when he faces Belgium. Aiden McGeady struggled to hold down first-team spot at Everton last season It was a disappointing season for Aiden McGeady, he was sent on loan to Sheffield Wednesday by ex-Everton boss Roberto Martinez. I would love to see him return to Celtic Park but he may fancy giving Goodison another crack now that Ronald Koeman is in charge.Aiden is unlikely to start in Bordeaux but club mate and fellow Glaswegian James McCarthy probably will, despite noisy criticism from some in the Irish media this week. Having made his Hamilton debut the day before he turned 16 way back in November 2006, its hard to believe he is still only 25.I was really disappointed to see Swedens Mikael Lustig limp off against Ireland. The Celtic defender had spoken in the build up to France about how fit he had felt during the season in Scotland. A sad moment for one of the games gentlemen. Swedish duo John Guidetti (2nd right) and Mikael Lustig (left) past and present Hoops stars John Guidetti, who spent an initially prolific spell at Celtic in 2014-15, played the last half hour against Ireland and the Celta Vigo striker could be in line to start beside Zlatan against Italy on Friday.Ireland could face a former teammate of Guidetti, the classy Jason Denayer. The 20-year old - a deserving winner of the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year award just over a year ago - has just spent the season on loan at Galatasaray. Celtic noticeably missed the centre back in 15/16.I am keeping a close watch on Group B as it contains two British sides but also two of the teams Scotland will face in the World Cup qualifiers.Scotland head to Wembley in November exactly a month after they play one of the other sides in Englands Euro section, Slovakia. The Slovakians didnt perform well against Wales but they were spirited in their win against Russia, with former Rangers loan signing Vladimir Weiss on the scoresheet. Former Celtic goalkeeper Fraser Forster on the bench against Russia Fraser Forster was on the bench for Englands opener but the former Celtic favourite needs only look at next opponents, Wales, for a reminder that he needs to be ready for the call to action. Number one Wayne Hennessey suffered a muscle spasm and was replaced by Liverpools Danny Ward. Ward was superb for Aberdeen in the first half of the season; had he not been recalled by Jurgen Klopp, Ronny Deilas time at Celtic may not have ended on such cordial terms... Owain Fôn Williams of Inverness is the other goalie in the Welsh squad.Striker Simon Church, who spent the latter half of last season on loan at Pittodrie, was on the bench for the Welsh as was former-Celt Joe Ledley who came on to make an extraordinarily rapid return from a broken leg. Joe is a top pro and deserves a chance to perform at this level. Alfred Finnbogason on a visit to Hutchison Vale during his time with Iceland U21s Iceland make their first appearance at a major tournament with a side which is built on the team which eliminated Scotland in the Euro U21s play-offs in 2010. The home leg is remembered by Scots for Chris McGuires 60-yarder, scored straight from the centre after Gylfi Sigurdsson had opened the scoring at Easter Road. Sigurdsson scored two cracking goals that night and gave us a preview of what wed later see flashes off at Tottenham and then every week at Swansea.The Icelandic star with the most to thank Scotland for is Real Sociedads Alfred Finnbogason. The striker spent two years of his childhood in the capital whilst his father attended Edinburgh University. During his time in Scotland, he played for Hutchison Vale, the kids club which has helped rear a host of Scotland internationals over the years, including John Collins, Allan McGregor, Kenny Miller, Steven & Gary Caldwell and Scotlands current Player of the Year, Leigh Griffiths.Last September, Finnbogason hit the headlines during a spell on loan at Olympiacos when he bagged a Champions League winner against Arsenal in London. The Hibs fan featured in the sensational draw with Ronaldos Portugal. Partick Thistles Mathias Pogba, not to be confused with wee bro Paul Partick Thistle fans might choose to cheer on the hosts… despite their dismantling of Scotland in Metz at the start of the month. Thistle forward Mathias Pogba will be following the French as his lesser-known (in Maryhill, at any rate) brother, Paul, the Juventus midfielder, is starring for Les Bleus. Paul seems to me to be a tad more mobile than his sibling but given a choice between the Pogba brothers, Id always choose the Jags over Juve(!)Did you know that there is a third Pogba brother? Mathias twin, Florentin, is a defender with St Etienne. The twins also play internationally, for Guinea, the country of their birth. Paul was born after the family emigrated to France. Partick Thistle mascot Kingsley... no relation to the boy Coman Incidentally, France midfielder Kingsley Coman is absolutely no relation to the global sensation that is Kingsley, Partick Thistles demented mascot. Which is a good thing for one of them. The Bayern Munich teenager was born during the week in which Scotland played the Netherlands and England at Euro 96, the Scots last appearance at the continental championship finals. That does rather put the last two decades of mishap into perspective.Finally, best of luck to Scotlands best referee, Willie Collum, and to his team for a successful Euro campaign. Willie had his first stint with the whistle for host nation Frances game against Albania in the cauldron that is the Stade Velodrome in Marseille on Wenesday. Thats pressure. Ice cool Willie will have taken it on his stride!So, the great party is in full swing. And Scotland arent at it. Looking on the bright side: were spared the cerebral strain of having to learn the French words for champagne or Bordeaux.It would have been nice, mind you. Cest la vie, by the way. Also See: Euro 2016 Fixtures Latest video Tables Get Sky Sports Get a £10 free bet! Fake NBA Jerseys . Chris Johnson singled with two outs off left-hander Jerry Blevins (1-1), and Schafer pinch ran. With a 2-2 count, Schafer ran on the pitch and Upton dropped a single in front of Bryce Harper. Schafer already was rounding third when Schafer bobbled the ball. Cheap NBA Jerseys .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/. Ellis had a season-high 37 points and two key assists late, Dirk Nowitzki led a fourth-quarter rally with 14 of his 35 points, and the Mavericks spoiled Howards best offensive night in Houston with a 123-120 victory over the Rockets on Wednesday night. Stitched NBA Jerseys . Auld made 37 saves in a 5-3 loss to the Boston Bruins on Saturday. It was Ottawas first game without starter Anderson, who is out indefinitely after cutting his hand Wednesday night, and it was evident the team wasnt sure how to deal with the change in goal. NBA Jerseys Outlet . -- A 25-year-old freelance journalist from British Columbia was formally charged on Thursday with a felony, five days after she was arrested in the United States over allegations she threatened to kill her hockey player boyfriend.HAMILTON, Ont. -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. Olkinuora made 16 saves in the first period, and 30 overall, for his first professional shutout, as the IceCaps defeated Hamilton Bulldogs 3-0 Saturday in American Hockey League action. The goaltender deflected attention from his own accomplishment, and instead complimented his teammates on their recent form. "It feels good," said Olkinuora of his shutout. "But more importantly, it feels good to win again. Its a lot of fun. "The guys have found a way to play effectively and be tough to play. Weve been making smart decisions with the puck, and its fun to play behind these guys." Kael Mouillerat, Carl Klingberg and Eric ODell scored for the IceCaps (15-10-3). Dustin Tokarski stopped 36 shots for the Bulldogs (12-12-3) . The Bulldogs got the better of an entertaining first period in which both teams enjoyed quality scoring chances. A giveaway at the defensive blue line by Hamilton winger Nick Tarnasky gave Jerome Samson room to operate along the right wing. The St. Johns forward moved in to the hashmarks and released a rising wrist shot that beat Tokarski but rang off his near post. Just over ten minutes into the first period, another Tarnasky giveaway sent the IceCaps into the Bulldogs zone on a 2-on-1 break, but Tokarski was alert in sliding to his left and snaring the one-time shot with his glove. Tarnasky found himself in the spotlight once again with 4:17 to play in the first period, when he enjoyed Hamiltons best opportunity to score the games first goal. A cross-ice pass found him posted just outside Olkinuoras crease at the right post, but Tarnasky couldnt corral the puck, and the goaltender recovered and sprawled to deny the chance. Olkinuora enjoyed the heavy workload in the opening period, and argued that it helped him to find his rhythm on Saturday. "You could say that it gets you into the game," he said. "Every game is different, but I do enjoy games where you can get into the action pretty early and often. Obviously, I dont tell the guys that." The IceCaps enjjoyed a lengthy two-man advantage early in the second period, as Maxime Macenauer was whistled for slashing at 2:43 and Mike Blunden followed with a delay of game infraction 22 seconds later.dddddddddddd Tokarski was sharp in denying St. Johns on multiple occasions, as Hamilton held the visitors off the scoreboard over the course of the 5-on-3. There was little for the goaltender to do, however, when the IceCaps opened the scoring at 7:48 of the second period. Samsons initial slap shot was kicked aside by Tokarski, but fell to Mouillerat in the low slot, and he circled the fallen goaltender and slid a shot inside the near post as Tokarski dove unsuccessfully to meet it. The IceCaps made it 2-0 at 14:35 of the second, when Carl Klingberg converted his second breakaway opportunity of the game. Latching onto a loose puck in the neutral zone, the St. Johns forward shifted from his backhand to his forehand side and slid the puck past Tokarski. Hamilton coach Sylvain Lefebvre bemoaned his teams inability to gain momentum in the second period, even after successfully killing the two-man advantage. "We played well in the first, but in the second, penalties killed us," he said. "Usually when you kill a 5-on-3, you have good chances to win the game. We just couldnt get the momentum, and when you take too many penalties, it taxes some of the players and others sit on the bench and wait." St. Johns struck early in the third period to extend its lead to 3-0 and put the game out of reach. The initial point shot by Brenden Kichton was saved by Tokarski, but the rebound bounced to ODell, who easily slotted the puck into the open net at 3:54. Olkinuora made an exceptional save to preserve his shutout bid with 3:21 to play, picking Martin St. Pierres close-range wrist shot out of the air with his glove. The goaltender pointed to improved breakouts and decision-making as the factors that improved his teams play in the final two periods. "I think our guys made an adjustment and a push," said Olkinuora. "We had over 20 shots in the second period and its all because we found a way to go out of our zone cleaner, and we made smarter decisions." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz