Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen
 Ich kenne eine Geschichte von Waldemar
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

05.11.2019 02:14
to clear space for Ted Antworten

DENVER - Carlos Gonzalez is crossing his swollen left index finger that a little break can finally fix his dinged-up digit. After dealing with a finicky finger for most of the season, the Colorado Rockies All-Star outfielder was placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday. A difficult choice, he said, but he decided that enough was finally enough. Unable to grip the bat with the finger so inflamed, his average has dipped to .255 this season. This from a career .300 hitter. "Everybody knows Im not the same player out there," the 28-year-old Gonzalez said. "I dont think its just smart to play that way and keep hurting the team when I have teammates that are doing really good. I think this is the best option right now." To take Gonzalezs place on the roster, the Rockies recalled infielder Ryan Wheeler from Triple-A Colorado Springs. They also recalled catcher Michael McKenry from Colorado Springs and designated catcher Jordan Pacheco for assignment. The break will give Gonzalez a chance to rest not only his ailing finger, but a balky left knee thats given him trouble at times. "Deep down, he feels like this is his best shot to get healthy," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "I told him that there are four months left in the season. A couple of weeks right now to be healthy the rest of the way? That would be a good trade off." He agreed. An easy decision given the way his replacement in left field, Corey Dickerson, is swinging the bat right now. Dickerson is hitting .345 with seven homers. "A guy whos been really hot like Dickerson — I think hes the best option right now at the plate," said Gonzalez, who was bothered by a sprained right middle finger last season, playing in just 19 games after the All-Star break. "For me, Ive just got to heal and be the CarGo that everybody knows." Head trainer Keith Dugger said the plan is to simply let the finger rest for a little bit. They will also massage the digit and do "some little tricks we have." "He just needs time off from swinging — bottom line," Dugger added. "I cant give you a timeframe. I dont know if two weeks is going to be enough." Dugger said they will test out the finger in about 10 days. "If theres no improvement, you back off again," Dugger said. "If theres improvement, you move forward." Weiss remains confident that once Gonzalez gets his finger situation resolved, hell return to the form that led him to be an All-Star the last two seasons. "His track record is pretty good," Weiss said. "Hes going to hit and hes going to perform. Its just tough performing in this league, trying to work around nagging injuries." Cheap Air Max China . "Theyve been good against everybody," he said. Carlos Gomez launched a three-run homer and Matt Garza battled into the seventh inning for his first win in four starts to help the Brewers continue their mastery of the Rockies with a 7-4 victory Saturday. Cheap Nike Air Max . Still, its a start. Josh Baileys goal with 1:40 left capped a furious third-period rally, and the Islanders edged the Penguins 4-3 on Friday night. http://www.cheapairmaxchina.us/. Henry, who missed three games with a knee injury, was charged with a handball in the penalty area in the 82nd minute as he went to block a strike from Patrick Mullins. On the ensuing penalty kick, Lee Nguyen picked up his fourth goal of the season, giving the Revolution a 2-1 win Saturday afternoon. Cheap Air Max China 2017 . -- Theres nothing like winning to bring hope for a struggling team. Wholesale Air Max Shoes China .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at LeBron James and the Miami Heat winning their second straight NBA championship.(SportsNetwork.com) - Planning to discuss this weekends Super Bowl with a die-hard New York Jets fan? Be prepared to duck. While Sundays game will certainly match two of the most successful men to have ever held the title - albeit briefly - of HC of the NYJ, its probably little solace to those still waiting for Gang Green to return to the seasons biggest game for the first time since the end of the Johnson administration. Of course, Pete Carrolls rise from one-year flop in New Jersey to repeat title contender in Seattle is a bit easier for the East Rutherford brethren to take, considering he was 6-10 in the 1994 season with the Jets and also flamed out after three years in Foxborough before finally hitting his pro sideline stride. I knew Pete was a good coach, former center Jim Sweeney said. It just took him 20 years to prove it. He was ahead of his time. Itd be no different than if Mark Sanchez went on to become an MVP somewhere else. He had his chance in New York. And if he channels Joe Montana in another city, bully for him. When it comes to the guy coaching the other team at University of Phoenix Stadium, though, dont expect the conversation to have quite the same level of empathy. Because while Bill Belichick is hardly a heartthrob to any fan base west of the Massachusetts state line, theres still a unique enmity for him among loyalists to the franchise from which his abrupt, hand-scribbled exit 15 years ago remains a scar. The players, front office and stadium have all changed since Belichick addressed a stunned media horde in January 2000, claiming he was uneasy about an imminent transition following the death of owner Leon Hess - the man whod reserved the head coaching spot for him upon Bill Parcells retirement. But to Jets fans then and now, it wasnt just that he left, it was how he did it. And its no longer just hard feelings; its envy over all the #$#%@$@ success hes had since. I knew we were losing something pretty special, said Victor Green, who played three years under Belichick as an assistant in New York and one under him as head man in New England. I always tell people, Belichick is the best coach at every position in the NFL. Thats how highly I think of him. And lest anyone outside of New York forget, this years recovery from pedestrian 2-2 to dominant 14-4 (including playoffs) isnt exactly the first time Belichicks shown he can make something out of nothing in New England. He was 5-11 in his first year with the Patriots after succeeding Carroll there, then recovered from a 0-2 start the next while riding an unheralded sixth- round QB to a championship. An unheralded sixth-round QB, by the way, that the New York Daily News claimed in October would have been a Jet on draft day had Parcells not overruled veteran scout Jesse Kaye to select cornerback Tony Scott, who ultimately played in all of 23 NFL games before fading to anonymity.dddddddddddd Anyway, that unheralded QB - a kid named Tom Brady - got his first extended field time the day New York linebacker Mo Lewis put Drew Bledsoe out with a sideline hit in Week 2, and, though the Jets went on to take the game behind Vinny Testaverde, its pretty safe to say the other guys have won the war. Belichick is 21-10 against New York since taking the New England job - including 21-8 with Brady - and the coach/QB duo has won the AFC East in all but two of the 14 years since Bradys ascension to full-time starter, including each and every season since 2003 in which the signal-caller has gone injury-free. Still, its not as if all of Belichicks Patriot achievements have come at the Jets expense. Hes a full 99 games over .500 - 155-56, to be exact - against the rest of the league in 15 regular seasons, has won at least 11 games no fewer than 11 times and has advanced for at least one playoff victory on 10 occasions. The first three of those 10 occasions yielded wins in Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII and XXXIX, before his 16-0 and 13-3 teams were beaten by the New York Giants in XLII and XLVI. He remains the only coach to win three championships in four seasons. Not bad for a guy who, like Carroll, many dismissed as a failure after a five- year run in Cleveland during which he managed just one winning season and ended the stint with a 5-11 record in a 1995 debacle remembered mainly for owner Art Modells decision to move the franchise to Baltimore. Modell had declared two days after the midseason announcement that Bill Belichick will be my head coach in 1996, but he recanted after the team lost six of its final seven games and removed Belichick to clear space for Ted Marchibroda, who lasted three seasons and went 16-31-1. The Browns were his training camp, his boot camp for success, said Mary Kay Cabot, who covered the team for the Cleveland Plain Dealer. There were mistakes he made here on players, personnel, staff (and) public relations. But hes the master of adjustments. He learned how to do it right by everything he did wrong here. He really is brilliant. Belichick spent the next season under Parcells at New England, then followed him for three more years in New York before firing the front-office shot that permanently altered two franchises. And come Sunday, if he manages to succeed Carrolls hold on the Lombardi Trophy the way he succeeded him as coach of the Patriots, itll leave a new mark that Jets fans might feel for another 15 years. What the evidence does show, quite clearly, is that Belichick is not just a good coach but a great coach, NBCSports.com columnist Michael David Smith said. If his team wins (against Seattle), it may be time to proclaim Belichick the best coach ever. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz