Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Ich kenne eine Geschichte von Waldemar
jinshuiqian0713 Offline

05.11.2019 02:13
The ban includes law Antworten

Canadas freestyle ski team will have a decidedly different look this season. The likes of Justine Dufour-Lapointe, Dara Howell and Mikael Kingsbury will be there, but there was one glaring absence on the squad unveiled Wednesday. Two-time Olympic moguls gold medallist Alex Bilodeau retired after the last World Cup season, leaving a big hole on the team as it begins the long road to the 2018 Games in South Korea. Bilodeau became the first Canadian to win Olympic gold on home soil with his memorable victory at the 2010 Games in Vancouver, and he repeated the performance in Sochi earlier this year. Kingsbury, who battled Bilodeau for the last few years and finished second in Russia this winter, says he will miss competing against his rival. "The first couple World Cups, Im going to miss somebody to look up to and to learn from. Hes been a great athlete," Kingsbury said on a conference call. "He pushed me. Since I was very young, he was my role model." Kingsbury is a three-time overall World Cup champion, and while he and Bilodeau were friends away from the hill, they were fierce opponents on it. "Im going to miss him in a way, but in another way he was one of the strongest competitors to have," said Kinsbury, a native of Deux Montagnes, Que. "Im going to try to have new motivation, to continue to push and work hard to stay ranked first in the world." Kingsbury, who turns 22 next week, said Bilodeaus retirement doesnt open any doors because hes already had a lot of success in his young career. "He was the star for sure. He won the Olympics in Vancouver -- first (Canadian) gold medallist to win on home soil -- and Sochi," Kingsbury said. "He won the two days that he needed to win, but at the same time I dont think its my turn to shine because I won the Crystal Globe and he was there, I won the world championship and he was there. "At the Olympics he did his run. I tried everything I could to win but he had the run that he needed and he totally deserved it." Like the rest of the freestyle ski team, Kingsburys focus is primed on training for the coming season, with thoughts of the 2018 Olympics in South Korea also lingering. "I just want to continue what Ive been doing, and not do more because Alex is not there," he said. "If he would have continued I would have been super happy and still would have worked hard to win the gold medal in 2018. Thats my next plan. "Its four years -- four years is long. Im going to be ready for 2018 but theres many things to come." Dufour-Lapointe, who won gold in Sochi in womens moguls, said she will take it one year at a time as she starts to build towards the next Games. "Personally I feel like Im still on a high from the Olympics," said the 20-year-old from Montreal. "What keeps me going is I feel like I can still get better and theres room for improvement." Also headlining the Canadian team for the 2014-15 season is Howell, who topped the podium in womens slopestyle in Sochi, Chloe Dufour-Lapointe -- the silver medallist in moguls behind her younger sister at the Games -- and Kim Lamarre, who finished third in slopestyle. The other Sochi medallist on this years team is Mike Riddle, who took silver in halfpipe. The rest of the Canadian freestyle team for the upcoming year includes: aerial skiers Travis Gerrits, Olivier Rochon, Jean-Christophe Andre and Sabrina Guerin; halfpipe skiers Mike Riddle, Justin Dorey, Simon dArtois, Rosalind Groenewoud, Keltie Hansen, Megan Gunning; slopestyle skiers Alex Beaulieu-Marchand, Alex Bellemare, Evan McEachran and Kaya Turski; and moguls skiers Marc-Antoine Gagnon, Philippe Marquis, Maxime Dufour-Lapointe and Audrey Robichaud. Wholesale NBA Jerseys . The NFL announced Friday that the Texans sixth-year veteran offensive lineman will replace Philadelphia Eagles tackle Jason Peters in the Jan. Stitched NBA Jerseys . The Canadian Football Leagues all-time passing leader said he has not made a final decision, but he will discuss his future with Montreal Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall on the weekend. https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/.5 million. University officials released the term sheet signed by Harsin Wednesday, the day the former Broncos walk-on player and Boise native was named the successor to Chris Petersen, who left for Washington last week. Cheap NBA Jerseys . One out away from finishing off an impressive shutout, they let a must-win game slip away. NBA Jerseys China . Mohamed Diame put West Ham ahead in the 47th minute before goals by substitutes Carlton Cole and Joe Cole condemned Fulham to a fifth straight defeat, keeping the visitors in the bottom three.BOSTON - Lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev asked a federal appeals court Wednesday to overturn a judges decision to not move his upcoming trial out of state.The appeal was filed with the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals hours after U.S. District Court Judge George OToole denied the change-of-venue request and a motion seeking a nine-month delay in the start of the trial. The defence is now asking OToole to postpone jury selection, scheduled to begin Monday, pending the outcome of the appeal.Tsarnaev has pleaded not guilty to federal charges connected to the April 2013 explosions at the marathon finish line, which killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.The defence lawyers, in their appeal to the higher court, again argued Tsarnaev couldnt receive a fair trial in the Boston federal courthouse a couple of miles from where the bombing occurred. Prosecutors, they said, were likely to depict the crimes as having affected not only those killed and injured but nearly the entire greater Boston community.Thus, every member of the jury pool is, in effect, an actual victim of the charged offences, the defence attorneys wrote.As an alternative to ordering the trial moved, the lawyers suggested the appeals court order OToole to hold a hearing on disputed issues of fact and reconsider the previous change-of-venue motions.OToole said in his ruling earlier Wednesday he would provide a detailed explanation for it later.In rejecting Tsarnaevs first request in September to move the trial, OToole said defence lawyers had failed to show that extensive pretrial media coverage of the bombings had prejudiced the jury pool to the point an impartial jury couldnt be chosen in Boston.The defence has compared the coverage to that in the case of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, whose trial was moved to Denver. MMcVeigh was convicted and put to death for the bombing, which killed 168 people.ddddddddddddIn Wednesdays appeals court filing, Tsarnaevs lawyers noted The Associated Press recently named the aftermath of the marathon bombing the top Massachusetts news story of 2014 and Gov.-elect Charlie Baker, in response to a question posed by The Boston Globe in October, said Tsarnaev was the living person he despised the most.Prosecutors say Tsarnaev, 21, and his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, planted and detonated two pressure cooker bombs. Tamerlan died following a firefight with police several days after the bombings. Dzhokhar was captured later that day, wounded and hiding in a boat parked in a backyard in suburban Watertown.Also Wednesday, OToole issued a decorum order, prohibiting courtroom spectators from wearing clothing, buttons or other items that carry any message or symbol addressing the issues related to this case that may be or become visible to the jury. The ban includes law enforcement uniforms and badges, except for those worn by on-duty U.S. marshals or court security officers.Defence lawyers said in motions seeking a trial delay the prosecution has not handed over everything they have requested, including information they believe may show Tsarnaev was under his brothers influence.The defence also wanted more time to review information regarding Stephen Silva, who recently pleaded guilty to having possessed the gun prosecutors said the bombing suspects used to kill a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer.In a court filing opposing the request for a delay, prosecutors rejected complaints by Tsarnaevs lawyers about their ability to digest the volume of material provided by the government. Prosecutors said much of that information was demanded by the defence and voluntarily turned over by the government in the spirit of openness. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz